Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 ZJ. The power window switches at all 3 passenger doors are not working, although I can control all 4 windows from the driver's side door master conroller. I removed and inspected the pwr window lock/unlock button on the master conroller and could not detect any issues. I checked the fuses and they were all good. I suspect the probelm could be in one of the relays, but do not know which one, or how to test them. Or else it could be a disconnected or failed wire, but do not know where to check. Has anyone had similar issues and able to fix it without going to a repair shop? Your feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have a 93 with the same problem and i have yet to be able to figure the problem out myself i was told one of the relays was bad but where its at and stuff i have no clue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved!!!

I was able to find other threads of similar problems on the Mall Crawlin website. Others have found the problem to be broken wire/s in the harness located between the driver's side door jam. Evidently over time these wires wear out and become pinched or severed. It's been said to be a common problem. I checked mine and detected a break in one of the wires (yellow with gray stripe). I used a connector to crimp the wire back together. This solved my problem as the windows can now be operated at the switches of each door! I'm glad I was able to avoid paying for parts & labor at the repair shop for somthing that was a quick and easy fix. (I would have added some pictures but the files were too big.) I hope this helps resolve your issues. Good luck!

·
Registered
137 Posts
It was the yellow and gray wire it was broke i put it back to gather with a connector and now all 4 windows will go up and down with their switches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts