Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 WJ with a Tereflex 2BB and I am interested in using Rancho RSX shocks. Any opinions I like the 49.00 price but are they decent off road shocks especially with the front sway bar disconnected. I am also curious about any opions of going to 265/70/16 or would I be better off with 255/70/16 tires.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I havent heard a lot of good things about the Rancho shocks. I would give Bilsteind or Edlebrocks IAS a shot first. Those seem to be a little better drive. As far as tire size, the largest that will fit in the inside spare carier well is 245/75R16. That is also the biggest you can go with out rubbing especially if you disconnect.

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
/forum/images/smiles/Actually, /forum/images/smiles/255/70 /forum/images/smiles/16's /forum/images/smiles/will /forum/images/smiles/fit /forum/images/smiles/the /forum/images/smiles/spare /forum/images/smiles/tire /forum/images/smiles/well./forum/images/smiles/./forum/images/smiles/./forum/images/smiles/./forum/images/smiles/./forum/images/smiles/ /forum/images/smiles/but /forum/images/smiles/the /forum/images/smiles/265's /forum/images/smiles/will /forum/images/smiles/not./forum/images/smiles/ /forum/images/smiles/ /forum/images/smiles/Absolute /forum/images/smiles/maximum /forum/images/smiles/tire /forum/images/smiles/diameter /forum/images/smiles/for /forum/images/smiles/the /forum/images/smiles/tire /forum/images/smiles/well /forum/images/smiles/is /forum/images/smiles/31", /forum/images/smiles/and /forum/images/smiles/max /forum/images/smiles/width /forum/images/smiles/is /forum/images/smiles/255mm./forum/images/smiles/./forum/images/smiles/./forum/images/smiles/./forum/images/smiles/ /forum/images/smiles/so /forum/images/smiles/either /forum/images/smiles/255/70 /forum/images/smiles/16's /forum/images/smiles/or /forum/images/smiles/245/75./forum/images/smiles/ /forum/images/smiles/ /forum/images/smiles/Keep /forum/images/smiles/this /forum/images/smiles/in /forum/images/smiles/mind /forum/images/smiles/if /forum/images/smiles/you're /forum/images/smiles/building /forum/images/smiles/a /forum/images/smiles/storage /forum/images/smiles/compartment /forum/images/smiles/in /forum/images/smiles/there /forum/images/smiles/as /forum/images/smiles/well./forum/images/smiles/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krayziemeth on 2002-01-31 00:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct. I tried the 255/70/16 and it fit in the wheel well. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts