Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what transfer cases will fit in 99 WJ w/4.7L I want to get rid of the NV 247 J and install a selectable transfer case. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 1999 wj and the transfer case is going. I would rebuild it but the parts are very expensive. I would rather install a 242 or another transfer case that is not full time, and i cant find a used 247 at a resonable price. And who knows how long a used one would last any way.

·
Registered
840 Posts
search car-part.com i found my 242 with drivesahfts for 400..you will want to look for a 99-01 i believe that has a 242 with a 4.7L engine

·
Registered
259 Posts
i did the car-part.com search, and scored a 242 out of an 03 with 50k miles, and a rear drive shaft for $500 about 2 weeks ago, at one of the local junk yards. I have an 04 with the V8, so it was a direct swap, plug and play. it was actually pretty easy. Getting to that top bolt was kind of a pain. just drop the cross member down a couple inches, and i used one of those flex head ratchets with a deep socket, and i was able to get it loose. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944836000P?vName=Tools&cName=Mechanics+Tools&sName=Ratchets

g-

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have a 247 i had for back up i am selling its for a 6 cyl motor pm me if you would want it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts