Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of front tow hooks for the WJ, complete with all the bolts, but missing the bracket that sits inside the "frame".....

Where can I get those two brackets (one for the left, one for the right) and how do I put them in? Remove the front bumper?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Ken,

you can get them from the stealership.

Hunter

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did the tow hooks following the WJJEEPS instructions and had no problems I did pull the bumper and replaced the cut hardware with new plastic rivets as instructed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is there a way to do it without having to cut and replace the plastic rivets? I really don't want to go through the hastle if I don't need to.

I have all the parts, just need the time to install them.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Rivets

Nope. But the rivets can be bought at a auto parts store and installed with just a couple sets of pliers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just added chrome hooks on my WJ. I didn't want to drill and replace the rivets either, as I had no experience with them. But, once I drilled one out, I realized how easy it was and installing was just as easy. Turning the jeep on and off to turn the wheel was the biggest inconvenience.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Rivets

I didn't drill mine out, just push in on the center with an awl and it will pop out the shaft and remove the rest of the rivet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts