Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers side window went down on the way to work fine, I pull into work and the window won't go up! So I try the other windows nothing, Tried the electric mirror still nothing,Tried the door locks nothing. I came home looked at the owners manual and there is nothing listed for the power windows any where in it. I checked fuses all ok, Pulled the door panel off and unhooked the harness from the control buttons, no power to that either. I'm stumped and mad cause it's been raining off and on all day. It's a 2002 Grand cherokee laredo. I'm sure someone else has had this electric window nightmare! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Brian-Emmons

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pull back the rubber boot that covers the wiring from the door to the body, there will be a broken ground wire in there, if not more than one broken wire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Reward!! I broke down and pulled that all apart the other night after major stressing. I found 3 broken wires The Power and the Ground and a little blue one too! I spliced them back together and everything is back to normal. Thank You for your reply!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Very common in the grand cherokees, glad it fixed your problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Appreciation

This is the reason I love this forum! Having an 02 also, I know that I'll have this knowledge in the back of my mind when, not if, I have this problem.
Thank you all who contribute!

·
Super Moderator
567 Posts
common fault with broken door pillar wiring and effects XJ's ZJ's WJ's (I have one of each) and I suspect it will also affect the newer JEEP models as they age :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts