Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a winch on my 95 grand do i have to put a custom bumper on it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
/forum/images/smiles/Yes, /forum/images/smiles/I /forum/images/smiles/don't /forum/images/smiles/know /forum/images/smiles/of /forum/images/smiles/any /forum/images/smiles/aftermarket /forum/images/smiles/mounts /forum/images/smiles/that /forum/images/smiles/wrap /forum/images/smiles/around /forum/images/smiles/the /forum/images/smiles/fascia./forum/images/smiles/
/forum/images/smiles/
/forum/images/smiles/Try /forum/images/smiles/ARB /forum/images/smiles/or /forum/images/smiles/other /forum/images/smiles/products./forum/images/smiles/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Generally yes, but with some majorly serious modifications. I've seen it done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Travis on 2002-01-31 00:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
643 Posts
Warn used to make a mounting system for the 93-98's, but they quit a while back. I got lucky and found one used, but they didn't have the mounting brackets for it. I ended up fabbing up some, and its worked great ever since! I'd post a pic, but I have yet to scan the images in. /forum/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Wish I could be more help, but, so you know, there are other options out there.

Hank

·
Registered
519 Posts
i'v found a way of mounting one using the stock bumper but the plate would have to be specialy made and some cutting to you bumper would have to be done. if ya want to here my ideas just drop me a line at
[email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is a local ZJ that has the stock bumper and a winch incorporated into the bumper. Personally I like having the ARB bumper when I bump into stumps and trees along the trail. :roll:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey you guys thanks for the infomation about the winch. Now I'll have to just decide how much money to put in to the project. Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
FWIW, I don't think the Warn custom combo is available for the ZJ anymore - just not enough demand. I fyou want one of those, you'll have to find it used.

Jay

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used a warn xj transformer brush bar with a warn winch plate and fabricated 2 brackets on the stock tow hook brackets this is reasonable priced about $450.00 Canadian and works real well email me and i will send you all the details

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barrie on 2002-02-12 23:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
605 Posts
quote: StealthZJ
There is a local ZJ that has the stock bumper and a winch incorporated into the bumper
I saw one like that her in WA at the Puyallup farigrounds, It looked alot better than a combo kit IMO. The one I saw was running an 8.8 rearend and had an atlasII t/case.

Does anyone have any details on mounting something like this?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Both ARB and Trailready make bumpers for about 700.00. I found one from a company called Kennesaw Mountain Accessories in Douglas GA. It is advertised for 380.00. They make them for both the ZJ and WJ. I have a WJ and am wondering if anyone has seen one in person or have any comments. They sent me a JPG of one on a ZJ and it looked OK. any comments. Keith

1 - 14 of 14 Posts