Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I will be there with the buggy! I will not be running insanity or anything this year though, the last time the buggy was wheeled was GSE last year (have a samurai to wheel now too) and the buggy still has all of the same design flaws... but I'm taking it anyway.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Preppi12 said:
OverkillZJ said:
the buggy still has all of the same design flaws... but I'm taking it anyway.
The grand in general as plenty of design flaws much like many cars/trucks. It'll work until you break it...which just gives you a reason to change it. :lol:
That's part of the problem: I've learned that I can break ANYTHING!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
i gotta web wheel this year, no $$$$$, still need tires, steering, power steering pump, steering box. maybe one day ill get maxx's purse

·
Registered
372 Posts
I am finally back in MD for a few weeks.

Yes I will be there (at least for Friday) unfortunately, hitting some snags with the reserves for sat/sun.

So if you want a guarentee to follow me,,,be sure to be there to wheel on Friday.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
steering is about wore out as maxx's a.sshole, tires have worn down to almost bald. don't have the money for fuel or registration or camping fee. i could get by with the whole steering thing. but tires are the main thing. there are lots of little things on the whole rig that just need to be fixed. also considering i still need to install the new exhaust manifold. the inspection passed back in jan, and the tags just expired last month too. sept may be a more honest possibility.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Bruce said:
I am finally back in MD for a few weeks.

Yes I will be there (at least for Friday) unfortunately, hitting some snags with the reserves for sat/sun.

So if you want a guarentee to follow me,,,be sure to be there to wheel on Friday.
Looks like you and charles (beerman) having troubles w/ this weekend. He has one of his kids graduation (elem school) on friday and now you w/ the reserves. Didn't you have trouble with the reserves falling on the same weekend as gse last year as well.

I'll be up there thursday...in time to get the same spot in camp 4 I had last year! :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
yep this "first weekend" stuff sux, and unfortunately they moved my weekend last month to a different one and I couldn't do it,,,so my boss is not playing nice to letting me off 2 months in a row,,,,TIME TO RETIRE

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Who's ready?

Tow Rig...
-Just finished installing a new master cylinder
-Adjusted the rear drum brakes
-Installed new driver front caliper
-Removed, cleaned and repacked driver front wheel bearings (waiting for the seal to come in for me to finished this up. So once that comes it...toss it in and assemble everything.
-Then I need to bleed everything out again and I should be good here.

ZJ...
-Just need to change the front diff fluid
-Check the trans fluid (maybe flush)
-There's other little things I'd like to do but none of them keep me from running so I should be good here as well.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
you still the 30 up front matt? i cant remember if you said you finally did a 44 or not

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
NRV95ZJ said:
you still the 30 up front matt? i cant remember if you said you finally did a 44 or not
Yeah...hp30. Not great but better i guess over my old lp30. I swapped it in after I broke the lp for the 3rd time back in sept. I'm not going to build a 44 and when I do go bigger it will be a 60 or 609 probably and I can't afford to do either now which is why the hp30 went in.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Buggy's on the trailer, hitched to the truck, and strapped down. I'm read. Will pack tools tomorow.

No webwheeling here, thank you very much! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
OverkillZJ said:
Buggy's on the trailer, hitched to the truck, and strapped down. I'm read. Will pack tools tomorow.

No webwheeling here, thank you very much! :mrgreen:
Yeah yeah! Mine would be on the trailer but my tow rig isn't liking me right now. And the guy that I always borrow the trailer from called me tonight and said someone bought his trailer a week ago.

Luckily, the guy who was riding shotgun with me has a new duramax and is picking me up w/ his trailer tomorrow afternoon. So, I guess until I can get my own trailer I'll be borrowing his until he gets his buggy built. He decided to break his old one down and sell it to build another on. Everything happens for a reason I guess.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Get some vids and pics up. I heard things ;)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts