Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where GSNW was going to be this year. I woud like to know more about it. How hard are the trails? Can I take my stock ZJ?

:roll:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Rumor has it, that it's going to be outside of Portland, OR at Tillamook State Forest.

I ran some trails there with Kelly(Deepslate98 from JU), Nate (Nbaldwin) and a slew of others about a year ago. Trails seemed to vary from easy to oil pan puncturing rocks. Take your pick.

There is talk about doing a pre-run at TSF to map out some trails that would cater to probably two groups.

Stay tuned, the planning usually doesn't start til Feb sometime.

M.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
No dates set yet Nate. The first one was in October and last years way in Juny, so can't even go by that!

Like Mike...stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I think late summer would be good. Some of the trails here get pretty bad in the rain. That way some of the lesser equipped vehicles could run more trails. There should be quite a nice mix of trails to run. From fluff runs to garunteed body darnage :D

We can run some trails soon when the snow melts a little.

Here are some links about Tillamook State Forest
http://www.odf.state.or.us/tsf/tsfhome.htm
http://www.off-road.com/4x4web/travels/tillmook.html
http://www.oohva.org/

Nathan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NBaldwin on 2002-01-31 13:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
OK, summer. So.... just for the halibut - given that last year's was July, How 'bout we say the third weekend in July? That would make it July 19-21?

Jay

E

·
0 Posts
On 2002-01-31 05:10, CannonBall wrote:
when is this gonna happen? I'm down for a drive to O that's not too bad like 10 hours or something from SF right?
-Nate
Yep, 10hrs, maybe 11 is about right without dawdling, ice, or women. :)

-Dave

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: el stupido on 2002-01-31 17:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nate, Im going for sure, and I think Pat-aka showtime and MikeyM from JU might be going too. If time allows, we can all caravan up together.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Guys, I'm there (dates permitting)! I need to check on the dates once they get finallized. May be hooking up with a new job soon. Jim, I'd love to hook up with you and Pat and all the others from around our parts and Caravan up there.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
That would be cool Chris. Hope you can make it. I looks like the date is July 28th.
Nathan

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Hey what about next years? I cannot make this years but if it is held around the same time next year I will already have my heep down there!

I would love to beat on my rig with some of you guys.
________
vapir air one

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
That'd be cool Alaska... but we usually don't start coming up with dates and info until around January. Stay tuned...

Jay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts