Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name: Bill
vehicle: 98 5.9 limited GC(deep slate)
*99 jeep wrangler 5.5"lift, 35"claws, arb locker, ford 9" currie rear... too many mods to mention.
Biggest Problem in life: nobody/noplace to wheel!
IF YOU LIVE IN MASS, NH, ME, VT give me a shout... Maybe we can get a few people together.
e-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Have you checked your regional 4x4 Association? They will have a list of clubs and the clubs will have access to places to wheel that the general public can't access.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Virtually all public land in NE is closed to ORV use.

Your best bets are:
1) check out http://www.northeastonlinewheelers.org/
2) join a jeep or 4wd club.

Almost all wheeling is on private land and with permission only. Clubs typically have several areas that they wheel and the trailheads are closely guarded secrets.

Zac

·
Registered
234 Posts
You can also check out Jolly John Jeep. He is a Saco Maine (1 1/2 hours north of Boston) Jeep dealership http://www.jollyjohn.com/JeepClub.cfm that also has Jolly Jeepers Club. I am a new member but they are supposed to have 4 rides a summer that any stock jeep can do but must have tow hooks to be pulled out. I have seen a couple of the service and parts guys jeeps and two of them run zj's (one F/R swap, one 4.5") and an XJ with about 5". This geared towards families.

·
Registered
193 Posts
State of Maine saying "HI". Getting some of our trails cleaned up. We have a variety up here, rock and mud name your poison and come on up.
:ZJ:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yup!

Hey Mike, thanks for pluggin' TnT! Metro Boston ZJ here, also pluggin' TnT Offroad... almost 90 members and a lot of fun. Mark :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I love TnT, I plug it every chance I get. I even have the link in my JU sig.

I'm trying to get a few local guys that I know to join, but so far nothing. Lazy asses.

Also,

www.northeastonlinewheelers.org < All New Englanders

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mike97ZJ said:
Another Masshole checking in.

www.tnt-offroad.com
Being interested in new stuff in the NE, I went to your link at www.tnt-offroad.com I dunno if it is just me, but even though I have German background, I am unable to read it. Is there an english version of this site?

G

·
0 Posts
I'm in southern Maine on the weekends and Waltham. I'd love to go wheelinn with you as soon as I have a minute to put my 2" BB in and mount my 31's. Shoot me an e-mail.

JP

·
Registered
499 Posts
wow, good amount of replies, yeah we should definetly get a trail run goin this summer at some point, whether with a local club someones in or just a grand ch. run

·
Registered
38 Posts
+1

Depending on Fund availability and time to install at least skids, you can count me in. (just getting started) You can count me in any time on a meet and greet (or extra set of hands if somebody needs it). I live in Worcester and work in Natick.

-Adam

·
Registered
88 Posts
(sigh) seeing stuff like this makes me homesick...Hawaii is a nice place to visit, but living here? no thanks...the 'froading sucks...

TNT looks like a fun bunch. Maybe I will get up there sometime when I get back to the east coast. I used to live in Portsmouth, and fondly remember some of the places we went in NH and southern Maine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts