Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't want the dreaded black AR steel wheels, but am trying to find something that looks good under a GC, but has the proper backspacing for 32x11.5 I like the MT Classic II's, but those are only 3.5 backspacing. What wheels are out there with 4-4.5" BS?

Also, if you had to choose between the following tires, what would you get?
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R, BFG Radial Mud-Terrain T/A or Yoko Geolandar M/T (which doesn't come in 32).

I'm looking for something relatively quiet that still can do mud.

G

·
0 Posts
centerline makes the Hellcat in pretty much every backspacing and bolt pattern available
but they are about $130 more per wheel than the previously mentioned black steel wheels in a 15 x 8.

as for the tires i'm sure you know all mud terrain's are going to be pretty loud on the street. i dont know much about the new BFG KM but the old mud terrains were great tires.
the yokos have the softest rubber of the three mentioned tires but that is the extent of my knowledge on them. i have heard lots of good things about the new Goodyear mtr's
but they are going to cost sunstantially more than the BFG KM's. overall i would say go with the BFG KM and then you can tell me what you think of them, that's probably going to be my next tire.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Howdy Kevin..don't know what your GC is but i saw some PRIME model #159 on a WJ....wax

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is an interesting comparison sheet here:
<a href=http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/ormt.jsp>http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/ormt.jsp</a>

Both the GY and the BFG had excellent "would buy again" ratings...

Still looking for wheels tho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: [email protected] on 2002-02-17 16:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have been looking at the M/T Classic 2's and if you go with a 16x8 you can get 4.5" backspacing.

Go with the MT/R's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts