Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 99 Grand Laerdo. I have a 2" lift and I have heard of some people going as big as a 265/75-16 tire but I probably will put on a 245/75-16. Will that tire fit on a stock aluminum rim?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gearmesh on 2002-04-04 23:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
290 Posts
Gear Mesh.......the 245x75x16 is only slightly taller than the stock 245x70x16s that came on my 99WJ. I've been looking for 255x75x16 to go with a 2" lift but can't find that size tire........Don S..

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have BFG AT in 245/75R16 with a TF BB and they fit just fine. This is also the largest tire you can fit in the wheel well storage area, although I heard 255/70R16 fit too. But any how, you can fit a 265/75R16 on the stock rims. I have heard of people going a little bigger but not much. What you need to watch for is the width not the height. I think 10.5 inches is the widest on stock that I have heard people put on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Skippy, That's what I needed to know. I don't really care too much about the spare tire cause. I'll just keep my stock tire as the spare. It will only be needed to get me by until I get a flat repaired.
The well information is good to know though because I never really thought about what fits in the spare well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Gearmesh,

I would actually buy all five tires, especially if you have quadra drive. Because of the different diameter in the tires between stock and lets say 245/75R16 is somewhere around an inch(depending on manufacturer). That difference will set you 4wd drive system off enough that it will think that one side is slipping(beacuse on tire is spinning faster than the others) thus passing power to the other tires. This can be disasterous for transfer cases. Be sure to always replace a bad tire with the same size tire as the rest so that this doesnt happen.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i'm at 11.5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts