Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 93 gc with 5.2. some exhaust manifolds dont use egr valves. what would happen if i used those manifolds on my jeep? just a c.e.l? any running issues? could i still pass an emission test?

i had a 98 eclipse gsx. i took off the egr and used a block off plate. i had aftermarket computer in the car so i just turned off the light.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That would be an awful lot of pissing around just to remove the thing. Any specific reason as to why you'd want to do that?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any reason you want to remove it? It is alot of work to get at plus the vacuum line that would need to be dealt with. The 96 and later 5.2 and 5.9 ZJ's didn't have one from the factory, but they are programmed differently. The EGR is not mounted on the it is bolted onto the cylinder head and has a threaded pipe going to the back of the intake.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you're going for headers that's a good reason, otherwise the 93 mannies are better than the rest. Jeep went to a smaller output dia manifold in 94 (possibly 95)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any reason you want to remove it? It is alot of work to get at plus the vacuum line that would need to be dealt with. The 96 and later 5.2 and 5.9 ZJ's didn't have one from the factory, but they are programmed differently. The EGR is not mounted on the it is bolted onto the cylinder head and has a threaded pipe going to the back of the intake.
hello i just had a couple things i am unsure of i just swaped my 95 grand cherokee 5.2 with the egr with a motor out of a 97 i think it was but it has no egr do i need to change the pcm?? causei cant get it to run now if it starts its barley than dies...

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 93 gc with 5.2. some exhaust manifolds dont use egr valves. what would happen if i used those manifolds on my jeep? just a c.e.l? any running issues? could i still pass an emission test?

i had a 98 eclipse gsx. i took off the egr and used a block off plate. i had aftermarket computer in the car so i just turned off the light.
We done this process with gen 2 and gen 3
Cummins with the k200 kenworths...
It's a shity process ...these things are full of sensors kenworths I mean..when we took out the egr our mechanic said you'll be seeing me a hell of a lot more...
He wasn't wrong...have a think about it..
The result your going to get will be later on
It all started good ....
Not something I'd suggest

1 - 8 of 8 Posts