Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 97 GC 4L in July and since that time I've had some problems. I replaced the tranny at 50K. I am currently getting 11 mpg in the city and 14 mpg on the road. (Checked several times with similar results) I have spoken with others who get anywhere from 18 to 24 on the highway. I have changed plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor buttons, K&N filter, new O2 sensors. Is the milage I am getting normal or is there something else that I can change? Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes, that is normal. I get about 12 in the city and 14 highway. My last XJ got about 10 both highway and city. You will sometime here of them getting 18-24mpg.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think thats pretty strange that there is such a variance between vehicles. A few of my friends get 18 and 24. However even fewer of them get the same milage that we do. Thanks for the replies. If anybody has any suggestions for improvements let me know.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
No all gasoline is equal across the country.
:bang:

·
Registered
18 Posts
the cat was plugged on my 93, removing that boosted my average mileage from 15 to 18 on short trips. Put in a full dynomax system while I was at it. Is a little bit raspy without the cat. Have been considering putting a cherrybomb in where that cat was.

·
Registered
414 Posts
did you do any mods? Lift? Tires? Roof rack? All of these trash milage.

Also, if you have big tires, did you correct the speedo gear? The overhead, if installed, will be off, as will the odometer, and the milage will really appear to suck.

M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts