Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

4801 - 4820 of 4826 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Infinitys for the front Duals for the back. They were free and in great shape. I will get to them once I get back to Arizona. I will replace the Clarion that the PO left in it at some point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dana 35 Spindle bearing and seal done. Tested trailer wiring. Driver side front door hinge pins done. Parking brake shoes and new hardware done. Inspection and emissions passed.....Vent Visors today. Then I will take a break.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finished install of my Ford 9 inch, into my ZJ. Used an 8.8 kit and just hogged out around the pumpkin a little more then the 8.8 would need. 4.56 gears w/ a posi/Truloc. I'm old and slo, so it works fine for poking around the desert's, here.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Prep'd HP 30 with new ball joints Timken bearings and Pair of Spicer 5-760X Axle U-Joints. Now ready to send out for a 4.56 front and rear regear. Just completed the NP242 swap. And added pillar lights. Next project is the Aluminum radiator with the 5.9/ Taurus fan conversion.:D

·
Registered
222 Posts
starting my list tonight:
rear shocks
rear sway bar links
rear sway bar bushings
rear coils springs*
coil spring insulators uppers & lowers
both front CV axels
steering stabilizer
oil & filter change

I'm at 447,000 kms on her shooting for 500K*
​​​​​​​2000 GC Limited
4.7L still has lots O power and gets decent gas mileage. I did a run 2 weeks ago to Sudbury, ON from Burlington, ON and back and I got to 12 L per 100K in the snow!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
front shocks
front coil springs
uppers & lowers insulators
front sway bar links
CV axles
bearing hub assemblies
upper control arms
battery terminals

man this girls rides smooth now :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last weekend was installing the right size battery in my new to me gc.. previous owner had a giant group 65, so i replaced it with the correct battery.

Scott

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Installed MVF shift linkage and now it works like shifts like a butter! It's not easy the first time removing the old archaic shift linkage. Sometimes I wonder what the Engineers were thinking making it too complicated.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
So far this year I have replaced the parking brakes, brake calipers (Akebono upgrade on '99 WJ), and yesterday replaced MAP sensor due to CEL. Now it runs rougher. I suppose I should do the TPS, IAC, and Oxy sensors next. After all, it's 19 years old now..

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo with 213,000 miles. Today I put some 3-in-1 oil on door hinges, hood latch, tail gate hinges. Just little stuff. It's been a really great vehicle sold to me for a dollar by my ex-boss when he bought a brand new Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We recently picked up a high mileage but straight and clean 2004 Limited. Our 1999 Laredo is morphing into a Beast, so my wife wanted a Beauty for civilized errands. I've had a couple of tie rod ends and some hoses changed. I replaced rear hatch struts last week.

Yesterday, I did the hood struts and the glass hatch struts.

I replaced the little 194NA bulbs in front markers, and I've swapped to 9012 low and 9011 high beam bulbs (yes, there's a way, but you have to loosen the three screws on the plastic retaining ring, and you removed the blue stiffener on the wire at the bulb).

I installed a Curt receiver hitch. Now I only have to install the wiring kits and a brake controller.

The seller was up front about this dual temperature zone heater having the dreaded blend door issue, and the passenger received only cold air on feet. I ordered blend doors from JGC parts, and yesterday cut my way in. Turns out the doors are OK, but the "rear" actuator against the firewall, the one that moves passenger side blend door and is impossible to replace without pulling everything apart, sounds like its gears are stripped. I'm gathering more info, but think I'll just join the two doors to each other, let the front actuator run both. I'm happy with a single zone heater like we have in our 1999 Laredo.

I did put Rain-X on the windshield yesterday, too. And I ordered nice rear bed floor protectors for both Jeeps from Quadratec. Even the "civilized" Jeep will have axe, shovel, chainsaw and sometimes gasoline or diesel cans back there. Not to mention the wet chain I tossed in back after the darned thing GOT STUCK in dense snow yesterday, and I had to pull it out with my 60 year old Massey Ferguson. Better tires are on the list.

I'm wondering how one assesses the condition of Quadra Drive, how to know when it's time to rebuild those internal clutch packs in the differentials. I was alone when I got stuck, so didn't have a friend to watch and see how many wheels were turning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Buttoned up my JK winch bumper swap onto my ZJ. Bumper was dirt cheap so I made it work and it turned out decent. Waiting on post count to add pics to my thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well - this was actually several weeks ago:

I tried to post a new question in the forum, and I've been waiting for a moderator to approve. I'm guessing they don't log in anymore? So how do I post a new topic?

·
549 Posts
well - this was actually several weeks ago:

I tried to post a new question in the forum, and I've been waiting for a moderator to approve. I'm guessing they don't log in anymore? So how do I post a new topic?
what are you trying to post as I am getting no notifications

·
Registered
50 Posts
I recently bought a 2001 GC Limited 60th Anniversary Edition that was sitting in a drive way with a flat tire, passenger window glass missing due to a break in, radiator leak, a broken glove box latch, and power steering pressure hose with a hole in it. I found a window and glove box latch at the You Pull It yard, and picked up a power steering hose and JB Weld radiator epoxy at Napa.
Today my 23 old daughter and I repaired the radiator, installed the glass, glove box latch, and power steering hose. After charging the dead battery and confirming no coolant or power steering fluid leaks, and inflating the tire, we went directly to Discount Tire and had the tire replaced. It had cracks in the sidewall from sitting flat for a few years. I bought some Lucas engine/fuel system cleaner and poured it into the gas tank.
I've got to say that I am really impressed with the handling, and the power of the 4.7L . We got it back home and cleaned the interior with carpet cleaner and gave it the first wash it had in years.
Next up is replacing the rims and old tires, new rear hatch and hood supports,and replacing all the interior lamps with LED's.

4801 - 4820 of 4826 Posts