Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

4781 - 4800 of 4822 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Installed a backup camera and monitor. I wanted the camera inside, but the IR is useless so far. I need to fix a rubber cone around lens, and not care about the IR...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Replaced the drivers door on my 93 because of busted hinge welds... semi local pick-a-part netted me a 1995 same color door for $50 bucks, couldn't be a more perfect match and it was unbelievably rust free as the one I removed. The pin stripe is abut 1/8th of an inch lower on the replacement door which irks me otherwise I'm a happy camper... Thinking about going back for the disc brake equipped limited slip rear differential that 95 has sitting under it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Picked up a gas tank skid plate for my 99 WJ for $100, the heavy duty one. This thing is a TUB...

Gonna restore that and hopefully when the paint is dry get it installed on Monday morning. The one that's under it has a hole the size of a watermelon.

·
525 Posts
Replaced the drivers side, side repeater light loom as bulb holder had rusted out.
Had the Aircon gas finally recharged to the full amount :) since then the coolant temp sensor fault on centre consul has disappeared :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Put new hood and lift gate struts in. Got tired of the hood hitting me in the head. Didn't get the new struts installed on the lift gate glass because I got a bum left hinge. Will fix that eventually.

And that's a nice brake job. All's well that ends in beer!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Daughter's 1st car - 02 wj - 190,000 mi.
Bought it without me, boyfriend @ the time said it was a real steal of a deal.
So far(since Feb. of this year) I've: replaced all burned out dash bulbs, seat heater rocker switches, milky headlamps, both drivers vertical seat motors, rear hatch and window lift arms, fixed short in tail light, replaced sparkplugs, pcv, and grommets, replaced oil pressure sensor, replaced fuel injectors and fuel rail(started leaking @ flame thrower as soon as I got it back together after doing the injectors), replaced fuel filter and pump (since I had it all torn down chasing an evap leak), replaced throttle control sensor, replaced track bar, tie rod assembly, and steering damper, changed all diff and TC fluids(twice since I wasn't smart enough to use the friction modifier or 247 fluid the 1st time). Not necessarily in that order.
That brings us to today- Chasing down front end noise and getting ready to replace front axle.
Boyfriend is long gone but the WJ lives on!
Like I said - she got a real sweet deal! HA, HA, HA

·
Registered
2 Posts
What’s sup everyone. Painted the trim, bumpers, and hood with bed liner and plasti-dip the rest black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
P/S u-joint. Had to sledge/chisel the hub assembly out. Had to torch the old one out since the cups bearings and clips were rust welded fast. Got it done though. Turns like a dream now. The only noise is from the rear outer bearings. That's next weeks project. Gotta get the Driver door hinges and inserts done before I ruin the latch hook plate. Having a problem figuring out how to disconnect the door harness. I would have thought the large part where it goes through the door would have a simple clip disconnect but it does not seem to.

4781 - 4800 of 4822 Posts