Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shocks are shot and I need new ones for a Teraflex lift with spacers. What do you all like out there? Anyone use Doeshtech shocks?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am running the doestch tech ones now and they are doing good. They are a lot better off the road than on... They seem a bit stiff for the street, this just encourages me to go offroading more. They seem to be holding up really well from all the abuse. Go for them, the price is right.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Probably the most expensive one's....haha ;)

Sry..had to be done.

I think there all as good as each other from what i've seen in the mag's.

Could i start a debate on w/ or wo/ boots ?

How long do the seals last wo/ boots ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RufftyTuffty on 2002-02-25 07:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd recommend the OME (Old Man Emu), best ride on and off-road. They make a long travel version for more than about 2" of lift.
I'm running them on my OME 2" lift kit (of course). Best shocks I've ever felt on any vehicle.
I'd say run w/o boots. Many people claim they hold mud and water inside them, even though they have holes in the bottom of them. I have them on my Rancho 5000s on the old CJ, after washing I can see water drip out of the boots for a while. They'll be cut off soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
save money. buy two pillows, put one under your butt and screw the other to your roof. ;)

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have had procomp's {for a day} switched to Rancho 9's {for a week}, bought some bilsteins

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris_L on 2002-02-25 23:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
606 Posts
On 2002-02-25 07:40, RufftyTuffty wrote:

Could i start a debate on w/ or wo/ boots ?

How long do the seals last wo/ boots ?
Longer than they do with boots. And ceratinly longer than the boots themselves last anyway....

Booties are not for heterosexual Jeepers :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is only an opinion but I think the OME (Old Man Emu)are as good as they get for the ZJ. If I had a WJ Id look hard at the Bilstien (sp) I had the Rancho 9000 and they are a good shock but as hard as I wheel I was alway worried about breaking off the adjuster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On 2002-02-25 23:54, Chris_L wrote:
I have had procomp's {for a day} switched to Rancho 9's {for a week}, bought some bilsteins
...._________________
97 ZJ 8.0 UP, ARMED AND PLATED

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris_L on 2002-02-25 23:58 ]</font>
Sorry have to laugh, but you probably had the ProComp Hydros, or 3000's And tradded them for Rancho Hydros.

I am talking about the Gas Charged ProComps. BIIIIIGGGG difference. But hey what do I know Maybe in some peoples minds the Hydros are better then Gas Charged. :)
Just my opinion go with what you think is best.

How much are the Bilstiens a piece? I think you can get all 4 ProComps gas charged, for the price of one Bilstien. I am not sure but I also think the Procomps I have extend longer then the Bilstiens. So you can see I don't know what I am talking about. For more droop and 1/4 the price for a gas charged shock hummmm :idea:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just bought Rancho RS5000s, and I'm wondering if I should leave the boots off?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts