Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have search all over the web all week before posting, so no breakin' my stones...

02 WJ 4.7, 143K. Manual Temperature Control

Fan location selector (off, face, face and legs, defrost, etc.) is reversed for off and defrost. Meaning, when in the off position, it blows on defrost, when on either of the 2 defrost positions all the way to the right, it goes off. The other locations work fine, AC included...

Just went through every vac line I could find under the hood, all look good, and have proper suction.

Could this be the control itself? Should I just go to a JY and get another?

Anybody seen this? There are a million posts about being stuck on defrost, and no Cruise, but my cruise works fine, and my issue doesn't match.

C'mon Jeep gods, show me your stuff!!

Also, if anyone has a 242 or 247 TC in Virginia they want to part with, lemme know...

Many thanks in advance, Ben

·
Registered
53 Posts
Youre probably correct in assuming its the control itself. A common one in the ZJs is the blower motor resistor, but thats different, also a lot of issues with the vent doors being wrong. Youre best bet is to like you said, go to your junkyard and start with cheap items. Sorry I cant be of more help, im not really a WJ guy

·
Registered
677 Posts
The 02 WJ has does not use vacuum to control any HEVAC functions. Did this problem just happen? All three servos are the same so if someone was playing and plugged the wire into the wrong one it may cause some havoc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it happened last xmas...my parents borrowed the car, the only thing that was done was an oil change? The others work fine, and no other issues. Can I just replace or swap the single servo, or the whole unit?

Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
677 Posts
ok it may be a control issue. There wasn't enough history, like I just bought it type of thing. Knowing It hasn't been tinkered with leads me to believe its the control head. I would pull the control head first and look for wires touching or burnt before hitting the bone yard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts