Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about the last (only) time I ran TSF, and I think it would be better if we required acouple of things that the vechile must be equipped with:

NO bald tires. Stock tires are OK as long as they have 50%+ tread. Some sort of A/T would be much better.

Front Hooks or tow points - duh. :D

Rear hook or tow point - duh

I'd recomend the following strongly (and I'm sure this post is a repeat of somthing...just wanted to help :D): Rock rails of some kind. 2" BB spacers and 30 or 31" tires. Sway bar disco's and a good attitude...

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Here's the list from previous years:

REQUIREMENTS: Attendance at daily driver’s meetings, functioning CB radio, front & rear tow points (hooks or shackles in front and the same for the rear or the factory tow package in lieu of a rear tow hook), seat belts, signed liability waiver, proof of current insurance, asking for a spotter anytime you are uncertain about successfully completing an obstacle, full-size spare tire and a good attitude.

RECOMMENDED: tow strap with loops (no metal hooks), close rocker protection (as opposed to low hanging nerf bars), skid plates, all-terrain or mud terrain tires, basic first aid kit, fire extinguisher, minimum 2” lift or budget boost, minimum 30” tires, High-Lift Jack, basic tool kit, front sway bar disconnects, extra fluids (oil, transmission, axle/gear lube, steering, coolant, brake, t-case, etc.), stop leak, JB Weld, spare hose, fuses, belts, camera/camcorder, jumper cables, raincoat, rubber boots, umbrella, sunglasses, hat.

Jay

·
Registered
566 Posts
crud I don't have swaybar disco's just 2 wrenches does that mean I can't go! I say we should make like "super grand slams" where 35's and lockers front and rear are required. Just kidding, I'm getting stoked about this it's looking like the time period might be good for me!
-Nate

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
On 2002-02-07 23:15, CannonBall wrote:
crud I don't have swaybar disco's just 2 wrenches
ha - Good news Nate, looking forward to seeing some of you california guys up here.

Jay

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
i think the previous years vehicle requirements are adequate. it will be in the summer so muc shouldn't be a problem. people should be prepared to take the vehicle off road. :hilift:

nathan

·
Registered
303 Posts
Is it too late to register for this? I'm doubting I'll make it, but something last minute may change and I'll decide to come up there. Would like to meet you northern guys too.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Registration has not opened up yet for the Grand Slam. Grand Slam West is the only event that is full at the moment.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey, instead of CB's how about FSM Radio's? I have a pair and I'm sure others might have a pair. It seams to work a lot better then my emergency CB. ANyway, just a thought.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
The problem with the FSM's is that you only have a pair. If everyone had one, then everybody could hear what's going on. With two different modes of communication, somebody now needs to spend time relaying info from the CB over the FSM.

It won't keep you from participating, but CB's are definitely more convenient for all involved.

Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't forget, you all we need to get Oregon OHV stickers, you can get them at the store before Browns camp entrance, I think they are 11.00, but could be like 15.00, used to be 7.00, inflation I guess.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Maltair said:
Hey, instead of CB's how about FSM Radio's? I have a pair and I'm sure others might have a pair. It seams to work a lot better then my emergency CB. ANyway, just a thought.
We experimented with those at GSW. They suck!! Hard to hear, scratchy at best. CB's are cheap, easy, and I have two extra handhelds if someone needs one.

M.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts