Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows where to ride in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland?

Something easy I have Stock 95 ZJ 5.2L. I have never really been off-road but I am itching to.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sites are very limited,,,that is why GSE is so popular.

BTW I would definately get tow hooks and a full size spare before going off-road. Without them you seriously risk major darnage to your vehicle should you become stuck/diasbled or even get a flat.

Welcome onboard

·
Registered
643 Posts
I agree w/ Bruce, You're going to hate it if you get a flat and only have a donut in the back. With that said, you don't have to spend an arm and a leg on a spare tire. I went to my local shop and talked to the mechanics about who they go through to dispose of their used tires. I asked him if he could check on a decent used tire and a rim that would match my bolt pattern. (no need to have it match visually - heck its a spare!) Sure enough, he had both and was more than happy to part with them. I ended up with a spare tire & rim for a total of $50. Just make sure the rim is still good and round. (Set it on the ground (no tire) and watch it roll. If it rolls true you should be good to go. My spare isn't the greatest, but It'll work in a pinch. (all it has to do.)

Hank

G

·
0 Posts
hello mid-atlantic four wheelers, i live in southern WV and there are quite a few backcountry hot spots in my part of the state. anything from muddy logging trails to some hard core crawling. the new river gorge area provides for not only great four wheeling but some spectacular scenery as well.
there is a jeep jamboree april 26-28 at the Oak Ridge Plantation near Lovingston,VA this is where they have had the past two Camp Jeep
events. I attended in 2000 and 2001, lots of fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New School Woody on 2002-02-14 20:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New School Woody on 2002-02-14 20:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New School Woody on 2002-02-14 21:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
303 Posts
I live right ouside of ocean city,md and I'm always looking for new places to wheel, but haven't found many..if you know of any or want to go four-wheeling email me at [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts