Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 5.7 Quadra-Drive II
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm crazy here but, right now I don't have DRL's at all, I understand the dealer can turn them on for me, at least that's what I've read. But that would use the headlights, I believe. I would rather just use the lower driving lights. Is this even possible? Is there a way I can just rewire the lights to a circuit that is how when the engine is on? What would be the best/easiest way to get the DRL's working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep. Have to go with Crazy! I fail to see the issue with headlights. As long as they are not on bright, they won't bother anyone on the road, and are MUCH easier to see than any others. If twer up to me, I'd have all headlights come on automagically whenever the engine is running. Have you ever seen a tan car in a dust storm in Arizona...without lights? How about a grey car at twilight, or in the fog...without lights? Pretty dangerous. It's not like they use up battery, so why not just have the headlights on? The more visibility the better I think.

·
Registered
2007 5.7 Quadra-Drive II
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it's been so long, I've have been swamped. I do realize the headlights will be more viable, but I have seen several cars (I mean cars not trucks) lately that came from the factory with the lower driving lights running as the only DRL's, and I think it looks really really cool. Like Lamborghini, or Ferrari cool. I figure my truck sits higher than those cars, and if the government approved those DRL's, then mine should be OK. I was told this is a good group to ask questions. I did not expect every one to agree with my decision, but I expected at least one person to comment with an answer even if it did not work, whether or not they liked the idea. I don't care about people telling me I'm crazy, or wrong, or even stupid, I just don't care what people think. But I expected more responses than just one person telling me I'm crazy. LOL. @tebeall dude don't think this is directed toward you, at least you answered and gave me your opinion, I respect anyone that can do that, and I appreciate getting others opinion even if it opposite of what I want to hear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts