Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would people be interested in a professionally guided trip at the same location at the Jeep Jamboree in Upstate NY (2hrs North of Syracuse or Utica)? Class 2-6 trails - Either late May or first weekend in June.

It would be a charity ride for about $50, to include all day of guided trails and dinner, to benefit the local fire department. It would be an open ride of about 80 vehicles. Possible New Process Gear (your transfer case manufacturer) sponsorship.

More information would follow if we get enough interest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: skbecker on 2002-03-14 07:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
219 Posts
Keep us informed and give more details and NAGCA will help promote this event. You do realize that Grand Slam East is the second Weekend in June. The Last weekend in May might work better. Just my opinion.

Clay

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Clay,
Thank you for your support. We have gotten insurance and are working with the Fire department to iron out the details. We will more information, the registration forms and date, of course, finalized at the end of this month. We will have advertisement flyers and a website to download information hopefully also.
It looks like NPG will have a booth with some cut aways and new products to demonstrate. We are also getting door prizes and possibly other sponsorship from the usual 4wd vendors and some local businesses.
I have a 1995 Grand with 3" skyjacker and 31" MT, by then maybe a ARB bumper. I and was hoping to see some other Grands at the ride, because, like in many places, most everyone I in my club and area drive Wranglers or XJs.

I'll keep everyone posted. I'll see what I can do about the date, but with us starting so late - they may stick with the later date. Virginia is a long trip from NY ~ 12 hrs.
-Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Skbecker,
I have a busy summer season ahead but if the event would fall on a free weekend I would be more than happy to be in attendance. By the way I would coming from corning ny.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We already signed up 20 vehicles, so we are definitly on. Please check the web page listed above for the contact and registration information. They will sent you a registration package.
I will look into getting a digital version, so people can email for one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds cool!

I am checking my (read: The Wife's) schedule. :spam:

I actually bought my ZJ back in 1997 in Boonsville...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone going should be all set with information and registration.
It looks to be a great event with good weather this weekend. We have about 70 vehicles signed up - Thank you..

It rained yesterday so the water holes will be 2-3 ft deep - you may want to wear light colored clothes and a hat to ward of black flies - they stuck around an extra week.
We have 5 trails we will be running, the list will be at the registration table at the fire department.

Look forward to posting some photos of Grand Cherokees doing what most people don't do with them... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts