Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is designed solely by my friend Mr. B on his bad ass TJ. I think this would be the ultimate high clearance steering setup for a grand with a big lift. He has adapted WJ knuckles to run the larger calipers for better braking, on his high pinion d-44. A stock WJ knuckle sits on the driver’s side and a right hand drive knuckle sits on the passenger side. The right hand drive knuckle has an upper ear to mount the tie rod and drag to, and moves the steering up 4 inches. Here are some pics.

The 1 1/4" x 7/16"wall chromolly draglink and track bar are done. The tie rod is now as high as I can get it with stock components. The right hand drive WJ knuckle will work very nicely.

The UCA bracket is installed and fabricated from solid CR bar stock. I made it the same as the Driver side, which means that the bushing has to press in from the outboard side. Stock configuration has them both going in from the driver's side

If you look carefully at the pic below, you will see some welding around the DS spring perch. Apparently DanaVenezuela has a few jig issues and the two spring perches were 2.5 degrees rotated from one another. That forced one spring to have a big bow forward in it that had to be remedied.

It's not quite finished yet, but once it's done, I think it will be very beneficial to those that want this type of steering upgrade.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris_L on 2002-02-05 02:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very Nice!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beestieboy on 2002-02-05 15:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thats awesome, Chris is my hero, do you think that the drop pitman for the RK kit will be sufficient?

G

·
0 Posts
So Chris, I'm hoping you're considering working with your friend to modify that kind of a setup to your ZJ :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts