Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought turbo citys dual tube K&N filter set up. It's great. A big difference in power. just thought you guys might want to know. turbocity.com

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks. I was looking at getting one but I think that I am going to make a snorkle kit.
NateH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where could you find the Air Max for the 4.0 Jeep. And does it make significant increases in power?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think it's made by Street Performance, I'll probably know after this weekend when I go back to the shop to order my Accel ignition.
I don't know any details but would like to know, I'm running a drop-in K&N filter in my stock box right now.
If the Air Max doesn't do cold air (I think it does) I probably won't bother. I hear people say cold air is better for performance.
I'll post back here soon as I find out. My roommate is putting one on his '01 XJ 4.0L, I'll know at least from his how big a difference it made.

·
Registered
499 Posts
cold air is wonderful for performance, dont get an aftermarket intake that isnt cold air, reason being that cold air is more condensed and will put more oxygen into the engine thus more power

·
Registered
726 Posts
depends what your going for. the duel turbo city would be good for high water crossings. as the k&n would be better for performance because of the cooler air.

i would rather get a snorkel.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Be careful with the non K&N street car cold air intakes. I was wheelin and went through some water. The Filter(RActive Brand) sucked the water in like a darnn vaccum. I wound up hydrolocking my motor.

Read more in the General Section under Hyrolock!!

Jonathan

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
My turbo city intake should get here this week.

Oh yeah.

Hunter

G

·
0 Posts
Bender said:
depends what your going for. the duel turbo city would be good for high water crossings. as the k&n would be better for performance because of the cooler air.
Exactly why I bought mine, and I love it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I LIKE MINE FOR THE FACT THAT YOU CAN DROP ANOTHER BATTERY IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT AND HAVE SPACE FOR EXTRA GOODIES.

DARIN
:spam:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts