Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm proud to announce that I got my ZJ back today from my exhaust shop, and they were able to accomplish my dual exhaust idea! :D

I ran 2.5" stainless steel pipes from the back of the headers over the crossmember to a Magnaflow True X-Crossover (#10791), into a Magnaflow 2.5" Dual In/Dual Out Stainless Satin Muffler (#12568), and over the rear axle after relocating the fuel filter closer to the transfer case on the frame using the stock bracket (see video for details), heat wrapped the driver-side of the gas tank, double wrapped the fuel line where the fuel filter was, and finally out to Magnaflow 3.5" Tips (#35114 [18" long 15 degree rolled edge]).

Video:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update with Pictures to proove

Alright here are pics of the exhaust setup incase anyone is doubting it.

Stock Headers with new 2.5" piping

Magnaflow True X-Pipe #10791 and Magnaflow 5x11x22 2.5" Dual In/Dual Out Muffler SS #12568

Here's how the driver side pipe is routed

"But where is your Fuel Filter???"

Here!

Double Heat Wrapped the fuel lines and Heat Wrapped the Gas Tank

3.5" Magnaflow Tips #35114 (18" long 15 degree rolled edge) from the back

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I take it you don't ever plan on installing a lift, rear hitch, gas tank skid plate, or steel rear bumper? Looks good though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take it you don't ever plan on installing a lift, rear hitch, gas tank skid plate, or steel rear bumper? Looks good though.
Thanks and no on the lift, skid plates, etc... I actually had a factory tow hitch and removed it because I don't own anything that needs to be towed and figured I'd save the weight. I'm just planning on having a quick street Jeep and seeing 300,000 miles on that odometer before I'm done with it. I absolutely love the sound!:cool:

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I don't understand what the issue would be on installing a lift except maybe some long arm kits. Looks good though. I like the x pipe you threw in there. I think that is suppose to help equalize the pressures in each pipes.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I don't understand what the issue would be on installing a lift except maybe some long arm kits. Looks good though. I like the x pipe you threw in there. I think that is suppose to help equalize the pressures in each pipes.
Suspension travel is a major factor when installing an exhaust, but more of an issue with long arm setups.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! The x pipe does help too because I haven't had drone at any RPM surprisingly. :cool: I thank Magnaflow for their high quality parts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Suspension travel is a major factor when installing an exhaust, but more of an issue with long arm setups.
I had a long arm setup on my last grand. Really it all depends on the kit if this exhaust will get in the way. Considering mostly that the triangulated rear setup takes up most of the space back by the rear axle. But you said a lift in general. Most short arm setups would clear this no problem.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well besides lifts (which I'm not concerned about), What do you guys think of the exhaust, the note, the sound, and the looks?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really? No comments on the note or sound....? This thread isn't about lifts........

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Don't worry man 5.2L V8's always sound great.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't worry man 5.2L V8's always sound great.
I know but I think this is a pretty unique sound. At least for a ZJ; I've heard duals on a Dodge Ram 5.2

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Stock headers?

Doug Thorley makes headers that fit and Kolak sells them.

Hunter

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Stock headers?

Doug Thorley makes headers that fit and Kolak sells them.

Hunter
For about $800.... FYI, the 93 5.2's had a better flowing pair of factory headers than later models.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts