Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 242 transfer case is leaking. It looks to be coming from a gasket on the side facing the front. Its not where the drive line comes in but where the whole front piece comes together. How hard is it to drop this thing and take it apart? Is there anything I can do to slow it down in the mean time?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see where it is coming from. Its the transfer case. On the opposite end it looks like someone has already repaired that gasket because there is dried gasket maker squirting out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 242 transfer case is leaking. It looks to be coming from a gasket on the side facing the front. Its not where the drive line comes in but where the whole front piece comes together. How hard is it to drop this thing and take it apart? Is there anything I can do to slow it down in the mean time?
Hey need some help, did you figure out what was leaking between the transfer case in the transmission, because that’s where mines leaking my Chiltons shows you how to replace the seal on the transfer case but it does not show you how to replace a seal on the transmission side, please help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts