Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's still early, but I believe a few have made preliminary trail runs. Have the trails been picked for this year’s GSW?
I’m also assuming there’ll be some kind of itinerary posted in the coming months.
I’ve moved my reservations over to Rustic Inn Motel, thanks for arrangement Jeff.
My plan is to drive all day Thursday, 6/13 arriving in Moab late that night, hopefully around 9:00 PM. That’s assuming I get out of Ft. Worth by 4:00 AM, ouch. So if there’s a Thursday get together I might miss it.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
We pre-ran some trails this weekend. An itinerary will be posted in the near future. Shouldn't be anything organized for thursday, although I'm sure some people will go have some Dump Bump for dinner ;) .

·
Registered
421 Posts
On 2002-03-19 13:00, Z wrote:
Trails:

Friday: Gold Bar Rim & Metal Masher
Saturday: Poison Spider Mesa & Steelbender
Sunday: Fins & Things (and if Sandy really doesn't want to do Fins & Things, I can lead another foray into Steelbender, going the opposite direction from Saturday).

We were thinking of doing Moab Rim, but everyone was freaked out about an offcamber spot, so noone wanted to try that this past weekend. Also wanted to scoute Strike Ravine, but could find no maps to the trail.
I did Moab Rim in 98 at night with only the OME lift and I'd rather do that than Fins N' Things. Just kidding. I don't care. Fs N Ts is fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sandy R on 2002-03-19 23:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sandy - that's funny - I wanted to do Moab Rim this trip (and possibly for GSW), but everyone was freaked out about an off-camber spot they had heard about, so we opted out of that trail.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I said I'd do it--I just heard some horror stories about the tip-errr--trip back down. Being that I have like 52 inches of lift off camber stuff is a little frightening.

If you want to do it for GSW then that is OK, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Cody

·
Registered
421 Posts
On 2002-03-20 12:00, MoabZJ wrote:
I said I'd do it--I just heard some horror stories about the tip-errr--trip back down. Being that I have like 52 inches of lift off camber stuff is a little frightening.

If you want to do it for GSW then that is OK, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Cody
I stayed right on Phil Smith's tail up and all the way back down so as not to blow the line. If i could have just parked and rode with someone else, I would have! I kept saying over and over to myself that doing that run at night had to be the stupiest thing I've ever done in my life. Ha ha ha! Let's do it again!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been meaning to have a Will made for a couple of years, just needed a good reason.
Listening to these trail reports is plenty of motivation, I think I'll call a lawyer today.

·
Registered
421 Posts
On 2002-03-25 07:15, DASJEEP wrote:
I've been meaning to have a Will made for a couple of years, just needed a good reason.
Listening to these trail reports is plenty of motivation, I think I'll call a lawyer today.
Nobody's gonna be made to do anything that is not comfortable to them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts