Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the Trail Ready diamond plate rocker panels on their Grand?
I'm about to call and inquire about them, they have two, one aluminum and one steel. I wonder how strong they are and how far under the vehicle do they roll? Will they take a Hi-Lift? Do poeple like them? Recommend? Etc.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Rocker Protection

The aluminum are good to cover up boo boos the steel will take lite duty trails. Id go with Claytons or Kevins home brewed versions if you are going to do any serious trails or use a high lift.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just order mine from ORGS... or go to www.Offroadgs.com

I almost went with kevins but I liked the round outside tube instead of the square look. It what ever you personal preference is... Both are hi-liftable.

·
Registered
656 Posts
BuffBakerGA said:
I just order mine from ORGS... or go to www.Offroadgs.com

I almost went with kevins but I liked the round outside tube instead of the square look. It what ever you personal preference is... Both are hi-liftable.
Heh, timing is everything, I guess. I just completed a round-tube version of my WJ set for a local customer. Sorry I didn't do it sooner. Can you post pics of your ORGS ones so that we can see how they look...I don't think I've seen them on a WJ before.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: Rocker Protection

The Grand Pooh-Bah said:
The aluminum are good to cover up boo boos the steel will take lite duty trails. Id go with Claytons or Kevins home brewed versions if you are going to do any serious trails or use a high lift.
I always thought Kevin Fell's rockers under the TR covers would look good. I would go with the steel for strength and color. Much like the rubicon TJ. Only thing is I think the steel is solid and not dimond plate. :?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking for somewhat light-moderate duty, but most of all I want to keep weight down and not kill any ground clearance. I'm considering the steel TR rockers, and have a notion to do maybe a piece of angle iron from the backside/underneathe for extra strength. But then what about weight again?
Hey Kevin where can I find some good pics of your ZJ?

·
Registered
656 Posts
rreed said:
I'm looking for somewhat light-moderate duty, but most of all I want to keep weight down and not kill any ground clearance. I'm considering the steel TR rockers, and have a notion to do maybe a piece of angle iron from the backside/underneathe for extra strength. But then what about weight again?
Right HERE

·
Registered
251 Posts
KevinF said:
rreed said:
Right HERE
Good thing the JU Nazi mods aren't here to see that!!! :D BTW, I'm saving up this summer for a set of your LPs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha, no kidding, I don't miss the jerks and a**holes over here screaming at you and each other about who's right and wrong, and to use the search.

Thanks Kevin, but once again the concern is weight and ground clearance. I'm picky, I drive a ZJ for crying out loud. How much do your coveted sliderz weigh and how much clearance would I lose to them?

It seems there's probably two people on the planet who have ever taken a chance on the TR rockers, and no one seems to know how well they hold up. I'm still curious.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't know about the weight of Kevin's sliders, but I heard that they are flush with the bar infont of the TC; in other words, you don't loose any clearance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts