Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me if it would be worth it to trade in or sell my 3" Rancho lift for a RE 4.5" lift? I'm looking at spacers to add to my lift, but I will have problems with driveline vibes and have to extend brakelines. If it wouldn't be worth it, could someone tell me exactly what I'd have to do to fix the driveline vibes when adding 1.5" spacers on my rancho springs and how much it would cost to fix it? I already have the brakeline extensions and the spacers priced. I just need to know how much it would cost to fix the vibes. Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
i don't have any experience with rancho products, but i do run Rubicon Express components. based on what i have heard from other people here on the forum and my experience with the 4.5" RE lift i would say that it will give you just as much lift if not more than the Rancho springs and spacers.
The best thing about the RE lift is that it comes with pretty much everything you will need to address the concerns you had with adding spacers to your existing lift. Stainless brakelines, adjustable front trackbar, rear trackbar bracket are included in the kit, as well as adjustable control arms, to adjust your pinion angle. Regardless of what transfer case you have the adjustable control arms should eliminate virtually any driveline vibrations you might have when lifting to 4.5 - 5"s. Your cheapest route would be to buy the spacers, brakelines, and some adjustable upper control arms front and rear.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
In case you didn't know it you can save a lot of money on the SS brake lines by using stock YJ brake lines. Yep they fit the front of the grand and they are longer then the stock Grand brake lines. :dance:

·
Registered
625 Posts
On 2002-03-03 01:46, The Grand Pooh-Bah wrote:
In case you didn't know it you can save a lot of money on the SS brake lines by using stock YJ brake lines. Yep they fit the front of the grand and they are longer then the stock Grand brake lines. :dance:
Stock YJ lines wouldn't be good for 5" on a ZJ :rolleyes:...they're good for about 3-4" tops. Just get some RE extended brake lines...worth the 60 bucks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have the factory upper control arms and new Rancho lowers, but they arne't adjustable. Would this cause a problem in lifting up to 4.5" and not being able to fix the driveline vibes as easy? And I still don't konw how much it will cost.

G

·
0 Posts
unless you can find someone with some used front and rear upper adjustable control arms,
your looking at about $400 ($200 for the rear and $200 for the front) brakelines $60, front adjustable trackbar $130, rear trackbar bracket $50. all of these figures are of course estimates, different manufacturers have different set prices.
Check out Rusty's Offroad he has reasonable prices and might cut you a break if you buy multiple components.

good luck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New School Woody on 2002-03-03 16:22 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts