Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just went to inspect the jeep, I need to replace the front track bar, but I am planning on going from stock to around 3" soon, and would like to do adjustable front track bar anyway, but I must get the jeep inspected this week, so what are my options for adjustable track bars that will fit stock height without problems until I get a lift on there? am I stock replacing the track bar with OEM and then get another track bar in a month? any ideas?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I believe RE has one for 0-3" lift adjustable bar. Call them and ask.

E

·
0 Posts
It's okay to run a while with one a little too long. It isn't "right" but it won't cause any real problems. Doesn't work in back - pass side control arm mount hits bumpstop mount - but in front it's okay.

-Dave

G

·
0 Posts
I'd highly recomend the JKS front track bar, its the same as the Currie. I have the taraflex in front, its ok, but JKS/Currie is just built WAY tougher. I'm assuming that it also works at stock height... If not, be careful about the whole 'track bar to long' thing, keep in mind this is what keeps your axle centered under the jeep. Wrong length and you might even end up with death wobble under stock suspension.

G

·
0 Posts
I'd highly recomend the JKS front track bar, its the same as the Currie. I have the taraflex in front, its ok, but JKS/Currie is just built WAY tougher. I'm assuming that it also works at stock height... If not, be careful about the whole 'track bar to long' thing, keep in mind this is what keeps your axle centered under the jeep. Wrong length and you might even end up with death wobble under stock suspension.

E

·
0 Posts
On 2002-02-13 08:52, MattsZJ wrote:
...Wrong length and you might even end up with death wobble under stock suspension.
Centering the axle plays into thrust angle and long term tire wear, and certainly rubbing, but it doesn't affect DW. Not unless the length is variable as with bad bushings.

I do agree though, the JKS bars are nice. That's why I suggested one now as a fix even if it shifts the axle a little pre-lift. All the better if they adjust to stock height. :)

-Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts