Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be replacing the original tires that were on the vehicle when purchased new ( Bridgestone Ecopia H/L422 Plus, 265/50R20 107T) They have performed well overall.
I am interested in what may be an upgraded all season tire, focusing on comfortable and quite ride as primary features. I have researched tires online and received recommendations from various tire dealers. Currently I am getting different recommendations without a clear direction. The top 3 recommendations appear to be the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus , the Michelin Defender LTX M/S and the Pirrelli Scorpion Verda Plus 2. Is there a better tire if mileage and price are not the top priority, with a focus on comfort? Our primary use is touring across the country, not off road.
Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ive really liked Continentals lately. I havent had any on my '15 but I had them on my '04 and they were great. I forget which model, but I've used a couple different models on my various vehicles and it really seems like Conti is making great tires overall right now.

I also find Tireracks decision guide to be super helpful

Reactions: richrallz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I take a look at the Continentals and the recommended web site.Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. What has been your experience regarding comfortable ride and road noise. These are the priority attributes for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased Nitto a/t tires to replace my current set of stock tires. I had them installed last week. I was planning to get dedicated winter tires but decided to get all-terrain instead. I want to take advantage of it being cost-effective and versatile. I am also satisfied with the comfortable ride and reduced noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
275/55R20 Michelin LTX M/S
Rub front inside fender liner at full lock. On-road Ride/performance great. Much quieter than Nitro Terra Graps or BFG KOs but still get a low frequency thrum between 40-45 mph when they need rotated. Off-road not so great... massive wheel spin required to clean out in sticky stuff, sand their ok (aired down) and snow/ice was fine. My biggest letdown was on hard dusty trails where they chattered and bounced when slipped causing all kinds of problems for the traction control. Real herky jerky.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts