Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on a 2in Tera BB and now when I put it in reverse and step on the brake I hear a thumping noise that sounds like it's coming from underneath the driver's seat, I also hear it when I hit big bumps. Any ideas? Driveshaft maybe?

·
Registered
77 Posts
man, I had/still have the same problem but mine is turned into a grinding noise over time and I don't know what it is. I'm not much help, but still, I'm in the same boat with you and just letting you know you aren't the only one.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Transmission and motor mounts OK? How about the control arm bushings? herniated?

Jay

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put in Daystar's version of the BB and I get the same noise but I only hear the rear.

I kept the original front spacer and stacked it on top of the Daystar spacer. It gave me the full 2" lift and kept it quiet.

I think the noise is the hard spacer rocking back and forth. One of the two surfaces is not 100% flat so it rocks (bang) back and forth. Anoying as he...

I plan on putting a rubber gasket between the rear spacer and the chassis to see it that quiet's the noise. The same could be done for the front if you through the original spacer away already, or you could stack the spacers in the front as I did.

Drop me an email if you want pictures. I can photograph what I have now. And since I will do the rear procedure next. I can send you those pictures if it works as planned.

Greg
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts