Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate thieves. So some one broke into my jeep last night. All they got was my wallet, but they broke the drivers and passenger side vent glass on the rear doors ($490 a piece). They tried to take my stereo, but, it weighs almost 250lbs, so he moved it a couple of inches. I'll post some pictures of the damages this afternoon.

p.s. I know, it doesnt exist and it didnt happen w/o pics.

·
Registered
379 Posts
[smilie=worthless.gif] HAHA im kidding! That really sucks man that happened to my friend about a year ago and they got away with his subs. He just rolled around with a piece of cardboard that was ducktaped so it kind of matched!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i just ordered both pieces of glass. $160 shipped from a salvage yard a couple of hours away. I was actually trying to get new vent glass already from a few guys here on nagca.com, but they were taking to long to get back to me. Thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Atleast it was only glass, when my GC was broken into they drilled straight through my door metal to get to the lock mechanism inside. That was a fun day of fixing a friggin hole.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
My Grand was stolen in the spring of 2000. It was found abandoned on the side of the road.

Hunter

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt get a chance to take pictures while it was light outside. I left my camera at home and didnt get here till dark. I will post some tommorow about noon if you look back. My speakers, box, 2 amps, and capacitor are all screwed together. I'm going to drill a couple of monster holes in the body this weekend and mount the sucker to the frame. Anything special I should know before I do this?

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Yea, before you bolt it to the frame, find the frame and take pics of it.........i know you meant uni-body, i'm just a smart ass.

We should be able to set up an electrical shock system on our Jeeps like an electric fence around a yard. I hate thieving bastards.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so let me tell you the whole story…

A few weeks ago some friends and I decided to go to Jacksonville, FL (about an hour South of where I live) for the weekend. I parked my car at my girlfriends house and we all left. I had just gotten back to the hotel from a club that night and fallen asleep when at 4am I got a phone call from my girlfriend’s roommate telling me that my jeep was broken into. At first I was so tired that I told here I would deal with it in the morning. After a few minutes of tossing and turning in the bed I called her back. She put me on the phone with the police and they got all my information. Apparently the same thing had happened to this couple a few days before so they were riding around trying to spot this thief. They just so happened to ride by my jeep parked on the side of the road when they spotted him going through it. The guy got away but left his fingerprints all over my jeep and the couple got a description. So the cops have a description of the guy and his fingerprints. I got back into town the next day to find that nothing was stolen and the only thing broken was my driver’s side rear vent glass.

So last night my girlfriend called at 11pm telling me that she was sick and didn’t feel well. So, being the good boyfriend I went to take care of her. I got there at about 11:30pm got her tucked in and decided to stay the night. I fell asleep. This morning I woke up at about 6:30am (I had to be at work at 7am.) I got dressed, brushed my teeth and walked outside. First thing I noticed was my rear seat was pushed forward, I thought to myself, “I didn’t leave it like that…?” I opened the door and hopped in. I immediately noticed that the center console lid was wide open, “I know I didn’t leave that open.” Soon after I noticed that my wallet was gone and the passenger side vent glass was smashed in. I….WAS….PISSED. So, I figured I would take care of all this when I got to work being that I was already late.

I got to work and called the police station. They told me that since I had “tampered” with the evidence there is nothing they can do and the only thing I can do is file a report, and I would have to do that in person. I then called all my credit card companies to cancel the cards and find out if there had been any activity. None….Good. I had already planned to call the local Junkyard and order the vent glass for the driver’s side because I had been waiting on a few guys to respond to me from nagca.com and they were taking to long for me. So now I had to order both sides. $165 shipped to the local glass installer. $130 installed (taking it Friday).

So, he tried to take my system out. Alright, first thing. My two Audiobahn ALUM12Q’s, two Audiobahn A8000T’s, and Audiobahn capacitor are all bolted to the box. This box easily weighs 200lbs. He unhooked the + wire from my battery in the back of the jeep, and instead of just unclipping the Remote and Digital Volt Meter wires (handset crimps, slightly smaller than a phone cord), he cuts them. This guy obviously knows nothing about car stereo’s and just saw all the pretty blue lights and wanted it. It took me and a friend to put this box into my jeep. There is no way he is going to walk away with it by himself.

The funny thing about all of this was I just replaced the passenger side rear glass because of an accident at home with the lawnmower about a week before all of this happened, and the fact that this guy must be a complete crackhead. Instead of just pulling back the duct tape on the drivers side and unlocking the door, he smashes in the passenger side. So all he stole out of my jeep was my wallet. I never carry any cash, and when I do, it is spent almost immediately because I only take it out to go to a place that only takes cash, ;). So all the guy gets out of my wallet is my driver’s license, social security card, school ID’s, a couple $2 bills, a few discount cards to places like EBGames and staples, and a couple filled cards for free food. Man, if I would have known he was hungry I would have just given him the cards.

So here’s the plan. This weekend I’m going to the local screw and bolt shop to buy some monster bolts. I’m going to drill a couple hole’s into the uni-body and mount my box to the jeep. After that I’m going to go buy a rocking chair, then get my shotgun, park my jeep in her front yard with the windows down and the doors unlocked. You think he’s got the balls to try me three times?

·
Registered
90 Posts
That reminds me of the time a crackhead pried the lock out of the door of my 68 chevy pickup that I had spent two years restoring. He MOVED a box of Craftsman tools and a Cobra CB out of the way to steal two audiovox 6inch speakers. And that's not the funny part, on a 68 chevy pickup, the gas tank is in the cab, behind the seat, so crackhead tried a few of my wrenches in an attempt to remove it believing it to be a subwoofer box, (it was nicely upolstered). He failed to make off with it as it was FULL at the time, but was kind enough to leave the wrench on the seat next to the rest of my tools. The worst part was cleaning the afrosheenjerrycurl off the upolstery where he was sticking his head! Good old SHREVEPORT LOUISIANA crackhead, bet he's dead by now that was ten years ago this month.

·
Registered
660 Posts
So s/he has your drivers license and SSN...

I'd be on the phone right now with a lawyer who can fix identity theft issues. If you don't address this now, you will have MUCH bigger problems than your stolen credit cards or Jeep damage.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
SirFuego said:
So s/he has your drivers license and SSN...

I'd be on the phone right now with a lawyer who can fix identity theft issues. If you don't address this now, you will have MUCH bigger problems than your stolen credit cards or Jeep damage.
Just about to say that same thing!

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Most thieves like that aren't smart enough or patient enough to deal with stealing identities. They probably just wanted the wallet and system and that's all, otherwise they would have taken longer to steal more sh*t.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Hey,

my jeep looking like this:

was stolen from in front of my house in Norfolk Va. My wife went to drive my daugter to school and it was gone! Luckily :roll: I was deployed and didn't find out about it until it was found abandoned on the side of the road out of gas. They used it to sell drugs as found out by the bad of MJ found still under the front seat. (this happened in 00 so, no, I don't still have it)

As luck would have it, they did only minor damage to it.

Hunter

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow, you talked to the cops?

When my Jeep was broken into about a year ago, they tore it apart to get the HU out, and took my ashtray.

I called Oakland PD, and they said they could send someone out in 3 to 4 weeks. Then they mailed out a police report for me to fill out. :roll:

I dont park my anything overnight on my street now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts