Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting front sway bar disconnects for my grand cherokee and i heard that rubicon express's get in the way, i was wondering about JKS and Teraflex's version.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would definetly go with JKS quicker disconnects. I have those and from talking with people with the TF the JKS are much better. I am very happy with mine.

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
JKS For sure.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Colt45auto said:
The JKS ones are much quicker the rest. You will love them!
Hmmm...I haven't seen the new JKS design...how are they that much quicker than the Tera ones?

Also, what is "getting in the way" with the Teras? Are you refering to the right side draglink connection? If so, you can bend the tie rod end upward to eliminate that problem.

I've been very happy with my Tera QD IIs, but the hitch pins I'm not a fan of. I replaced them with Lynch pins; the same kind they they use on racecar fiberglass hoods with the round piece that flips over on themselves. They provide better clearance and don't bend as easily.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Go with JKS. uses lynch poins and are greasable top and bottom. VERY easy off and on. Search the web extensively for best pricing. i found that prices range from $119.95 to $155.95 for the same pair.
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the JKS ones on order from ORGS... seems they're on backorder everywhere. Even the guy at JKS says the next batch won't be done for about ten days.

Rob

·
Registered
61 Posts
My vote for the Tera QD gen IIs.

They are greasable, fast, supply a great hold up strap and bracket as part of the kit (something JKS does not). Plus I don't need the adjustable factor. I ordered them for my size and that's that.

From what I gather you won't go wrong with either the Teras or the JKS. Price and availability may be the deciding factor.

Zac

·
Registered
606 Posts
JKS, hands down

·
Registered
606 Posts
Showtime said:
I like my RE quick discos just fine. They were 40 bucks cheaper than the teras, jks, etc. They are really just as fast if you know how to work with them. 2 pins and your done.
Yeah but they clunk like all hell. I used to run them and finally gave up and bolted them together because they had too much play in them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll vote for Tera QDIIs. I've had those for a year and they are great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i only have 2 inches of lift so all i did was go to lowes and buy some clevis pins and retainer clips. $5 total and they are easy and out of the way. just a suggestion if youre not running a big lift.[/b]
________
Honda Dream E

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad things about the REs. I haven't heard anything about the TeraFlex. I'd heard GREAT things about JKS and I've see them in action a lot. They're what I ordered with my RE4.5. Dirk at www.dpgoffroad.com has them for like $125 or something.

·
Registered
299 Posts
ZJMike said:
I've heard nothing but bad things about the REs. I haven't heard anything about the TeraFlex. I'd heard GREAT things about JKS and I've see them in action a lot. They're what I ordered with my RE4.5. Dirk at www.dpgoffroad.com has them for like $125 or something.
Whatever, if you dont really have them, i dont see how you can complain about them. The thing is, YES, they do clunk while going over dips or bumps, but this can EASILY be avoided by sliding the pin ALL the way farthest from the coils. It can also be fixed on the top portion by using a bolt and a nylon locking nut PERFECTLY sized for the diameter of the disconnect. THis is what I have done, and it has reduced the clunking generously. Also, i plan on drilling new holes for the bottom disconnect portion in order to make it a little more efficient in pulling the pin as well as the feared "clunk". But whatever, to each his own, but i REALLY wouldn't go with any other disco than the RE. It is SO fast, im talking about 5 seconds on each side with a slight tap of the swaybar using a sledge. People who complain about how "long" it takes to get the RE discos off, are probably doing it on uneven ground, havent greased them (which RE doesnt tell you to do, but REALLY helps) and also dont know how to work with it.

All you really have to do is:
1) disconnect the bottom pin
2) use the hammer to punch the swaybar endlinks out of the disco tube
3) your done

I am serious when i say it is THIS EASY.

Pat

·
Registered
251 Posts
^^^ ricer :D:D:D

I wish NAte was here to put you in your place. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts