Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heylo. I ran a search and it seems no one has done this and if I'm wrong point me to the right post please!

I have a '97 5.2 Ltd w/sunroof, factory keyless/alarm and the info OHC. My sunroof motor is either shot or something is wrong in some way. We have sunroofs in all our cars and they get opened maybe 20% of the time. I plan to permenatly seal the roof closed since it doesn't work and leaked for the PO. Yet keep the slider to let in the light when we want. (I plan to pull the motor)

I want to put in the longer OHC from a non-sunroof ZJ to house my XM tuner, mounting for flashlight, switches for future exterior lighting and probably CB mic location.

My questions are, will/should it fit, what years will fit, do I swap the guts from my info display and is it strong enough to span the s/r opening & hold electronics & a 3 D Maglite?

Oh, and the VIC (non-graphic) does not work, but my OHC is perfect. That is another project :) (moving either the ECC or Radio down there)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it looks like no one has done this, or I'm just odd for wanting to block some of my S/R :). So I may have to do a build thread after we get back from camping in NC, unless I have time before hand!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts