Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a really dumb question to ask, that i never knew the answer to before, and was recently curious. What is the purpose of bump stop extensions, and would i need new ones for a 2.5" BB?

And for the same 2.5" kit, would it be worth my while to invest in a steering stablizer, or will stock be fine? (keep in mind that i prolly wont be getting any tires bigger than 31 10.50)

Thanx for your help and advise as usual guys!!!

Joanthan

·
Registered
116 Posts
bump stops are important if you are going to stuff the tires. The bump stop is your limiting factor for the tiring going up. So if you dont have a ectended bump stop your windshield washer container or wheel well will stop the tire and that could be costly. If you plan on wheeling then yes get one definetly. They are that expensive or difficult to install. Upgradeing to a stiffer SS is a crud shoot. Some Jeeps handle the larger size tire just fine, other not. The OME SS SD40 is only 70 dollars and is worth putting in. With that short of a lift death wobble wont be a problem, but you should still get an alignment, but the SS will help if you do get DW. I would do both mods.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Anything more than 1-3/4" in the rear and you are no longer real safe. The bump stop holds you springs in, at 2" and any hard flex your spring may pop out. I would recommend bump stop ext. in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts