Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my accesory electric items(guages, battery indicator will go way low, lights, blinkers, radio, heat, odometer) will all of a sudden either go way low or turn off completely for no apparent reason. But the engine and everything else still runs and drives fine. The ABS light will come on though when I hit the brakes. And sometimes if you slam the passenger door hard it will snap it out of it, make everything work again? I am stumped.... HELP PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Take the fuse block apart and look for a loose power feed cable, or a loose ground comming off of the fuse panel. Mine did this a while back, and there was some junk causing a high resistance condition. I feel sure about this one as you said that if you slam the pass door, it will "Snap" out of it.

When you take it apart and wiggle wires and so on, you may fix it without knowing what in the heck you did!!

Check the battery main ground to frame for corrosion and tightness also.
M.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the negative battery connection... I was touching one of the wires and it was so corroded that it fell off. I cut off the old wire stripped it and now it is working great! Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Bet you started :coolcat:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hope I remember your fix if I ever have the same. Another source of weird problems is the trailer tow connector. They can really get corroded, and they're "hot" all the time which makes the corrosion worse, kill your battery overnight, etc. Thanks to Jeep's cost-conscious design department, if you pull the fuse for the trailer connector, you lose the power antenna. I love it. For what it's worth. Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts