Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Up Country Package, add .75-1.00" to stock ride height of 18.

I would also like to add that my stock '94 5.2L Limited sat at 18.25 front and rear without the UC package. It was unmodified in every way.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My stock '98 5.9L is 18-1/4" Front, and 18-3/4" Rear and although I forgot to get a good measurement on my '96 5.2L before I lifted it, I do remember that the back sat slightly higher than the front. [smilie=bal_ask.gif]

·
Registered
703 Posts
For all practical purposes, 18" is a good measurement to go by. Afew years ago, there was a thread about this and numbers were anywhere from 17 1/2" to 18 1/2" so 18" is a good happy medium.

·
Registered
259 Posts
for those of you, like myself, that have trimmed fenders at the bend (typical place of trimming) compare to stock height of 20" (2" of trimming)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Okay so 18 is the happy medium, I've got 4.5" lift springs (IRO) and 1" spacers. (no stock spacers just 1" aftermarkets) which should be 5.5" of lift 6" at most.
I sit at 26" that means 8" of lift and I'm rounding down. I've got a seriously loaded down Jeep tomken rear w/carrier and a KOR roof rack. Plus alot more.
So cool 8" sounds good to me!
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
27 Posts
GrandZJTSI said:
Okay so 18 is the happy medium, I've got 4.5" lift springs (IRO) and 1" spacers. (no stock spacers just 1" aftermarkets) which should be 5.5" of lift 6" at most.
I sit at 26" that means 8" of lift and I'm rounding down. I've got a seriously loaded down Jeep tomken rear w/carrier and a KOR roof rack. Plus alot more.
So cool 8" sounds good to me!
:mrgreen:
Sounds like you won't be running standard height tires though, so remember that half the diameter increase in tires from stock lifts your truck by that much too. For example, if stock 29" tires stock and now running 33", this adds 2" to height of vehicle over and above other lift components.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like you won't be running standard height tires though, so remember that half the diameter increase in tires from stock lifts your truck by that much too. For example, if stock 29" tires stock and now running 33", this adds 2" to height of vehicle over and above other lift components.
I do not think this would be true with the way Solitude is suggesting to measures. Tires will give you half the height difference from the ground. He is measuring to the center of the axle. Only thing that should change this measurement it lift.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Thought this might go good in here since it's stock measurements.

Stock Shock Lengths:

Front 13.00 compressed, 20.75 extended
Rear 14.625 compressed, 21.50 extended

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine sat at 18 1/2 on all four corners. With a 2" BB its now at 20 3/4. So I got the advertised 2.25" of lift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stock measurements

So, I just got a 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited and thought I would share the measurements I have

Current measurements are as follows:
13" clearance at the lowest point on the front air dam
8.25" clearance at the bottom of the front Differential Dana 30 LP
7.25" clearance to the bottom of the rear differential Dana 44a
9.25" clearance at the lowest point on the transmission cross member
13.5" clearance to the pinch seam below the doors
14.5" clearance to bottom of the rocker panels
16.0" clearance to the bottom of the receiver below rear bumper
31.75" from the ground to the bottom of the rear fender opening above the tire
31.0" from the ground to the bottom of the front fender opening above the tire
31" from the ground to the bottom of the headlight

these are all measurements that I can use as comparisons to see where it ends up after the teardown and built up.

Hope these are useful to someone else

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2004 Overland sits at 20" in the back and 19" in the front... I thought the Up Country suspension wasn't available in 2004. Maybe the PO made some mods... but looking at the very specific spot of wear in the driver's floormat where, say, a high heel would go...

That would explain how totally immaculate the thing is though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts