Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was given a box full of front and rear control arms from a 2000-ish Wrangler that recently had a lift. My rear control arms are slightly bent so I was looking to replace them.

They look like they could swap but I wasn't sure and didn't get time to take a real close look on a rack. So I wasn't sure maybe someone has done something like this before. I am not looking for height gains or anything of that sort, just need to replace the bent junk that is on there and make sure the drivetrain is a straight as I can get it.

I have a 1998 5.9L if that makes any difference...

Thanks,
-Brian

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just take a measuring tape and measure away, lol
Yeah I would need some measurements from someone with non-bent ZJ arms. It looks like these will fit when I put them side by side with the ZJ arms in the car but mine are slightly bent and I am not sure which direction they are bent. ;)

So if anyone wants to measure their rear control arms for me and let me know then that might help me figure it out too without just guessing...

·
Registered
326 Posts
served lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats right, i couldn't remember if it was TJ or YJ which came first... ;) So I listed both, thanks. The control arms are from a TJ then. I couldn't remember which was which....

Anyone have some measurements off a ZJ...?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rear Lower ZJ arms are longer than TJ arms by about 1". So the rear lowers won't fit, all the others are the same length, however the bushings at the body mount on the front lowers are different but the arms will still work. The Upper arms are the same arms for both TJ and ZJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts