Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 3" kit and was wondering if a Pro-Comp ES 2000 stabilizer is worth the money. should i even bother replacing the stock one? also, what are good stabilizers?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes, the Procomp ES2000 is a good heavy duty SS. For the price, they are hard to beat. Fact of the matter is, any aftermarket SS is going to be better than the stocker. You should be good with any of the major manufacturers of steering stabilizers. Good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK - then here's a new stupid question - what does the SS do? I know that they're supposed to prevent the "death wobble," but I have not experienced that (yet) after 1100 miles on my 3.75" lift. So, other than the death wobble prevention, what kind of performance improvement does the SS provide?

·
Registered
82 Posts
SS will not prevent DW! At 1,100 miles you haven't even broken it in. Do not become complacent about DW. Check your rig on a regular basis. Make sure everythings tight and nothing is worn or needs replacing. A good SS will lesson the effects of input to the steering so the wheel won't be ripped out of your hands. Too many people try to fix a more serious problem by masking it with a new SS.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Who has the best deal on an OME steering stabilizer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
steering stablizer

i got the best deal from KOLAK i recieved a OME sd40 for a little over 50 bucks :cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: steering stablizer

I've used both BDS and Trailmaster...as has been said, pretty much anything is going to be better than the stock unit. Reason really is that the stock unit is not capable of handling the larger tires and higher angles that our lifted rigs present them with.

Never used the sd40 from OME, but heard nothing but good about it. Seems kinda pricey to me though.

Zac

1 - 14 of 14 Posts