Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a 4" lift on my grand cherokee. I have had it aligned twice and my steering wheel is still really loose feeling and is never centered. Sometimes it's left and sometimes it right. I have read in some places to replace the tie rod ends and in other places to adjust the drag link. So...not really sure what I'm supposed to do.

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
You could also have slack in your steering gear box. Sometimes larger tires with soft sidewalls will make the steering feel a bit looser as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got the same issue with my 94zj with a 3.5" susp. lift and 31" tires. Nothing else fancy about it. I'm new to wheeling a zj and am by far no expert nor do I claim to be. I installed my lift and everything, after that the jeep drove great. I then sold it a few months ago to a younger guy and went through zj withdraw from my baby, so I turned around and gave way to much for it and bought it back. Now I've got the same issues that your mentioning, except mine roadwalks really bad. I'm about to replace my tierod ends and also have talked to a few wheeling experts and they say that the allignment has the most effect on the steering. I've had it alligned at a local mom and pop shop, but this time i'm going to take it to a dealer. I'll keep you posted and let you know how the work went. As to you , do the same if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Jimmy B

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trackbar

I replaced my track bar and it is ALOT better...I had a bracket not an adjustable trackbar so it was popping and bending. Still have to get it aligned again but already the difference was amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts