Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 zj 4.0l awd.

Ok so I have a 4.5 inch short arm and 2 inch spacers. My cross steer kit is trashed so I'm waiting on a cavfab heim joint setup to he delivered. I've been waiting on a full alignment until after all parts are installed.

So I'm having a bit of DW from the front left hitting a bump etc. Due to tie rod play I'm sure. But I'm also having some bump steer like issues. Going through a dip or crest it wants to steer itself. As well as under acceleration the front lifts and it wants to steer away from straight.

My drag link is parallel-ish to the Trac bar. As I was told it needed to be. But then I'm being told I need as drop pitman arm to keep my drag link and tie rod parallel.

How do you guys run huge lifts and still have good steering?

·
Registered
5 Posts
At that lift height you should consider running a long arm lift in order to get the geometry back close to stock. Be sure that all the control arms (front upper and lower, rear CA's) are adjustable.

·
Super Moderator
566 Posts
at that height you really need to fit a track bar drop bracket and fit an extended drop arm to the box as both will be near their operating limits, also if the King pin/Castor angle is too far out it will add to the death wobble.
Have adjustable arms all round on my 3 inch lifted ZJ and going long arm with high steer conversion next year once I have all the components gathered, as it looks like I will be fitting WJ axles front and rear so will have to make a rear A frame as well :)

http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/ZJ/1993_ZJ/93ZJ_2.PDF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts