Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 98 Grand with really squeeky brakes when they get wet. What is the best/least expensive upgrade or way to fix this problem. Also im lifting my Jeep in a month with a 2in BB. I want to run 31s but will they rub? Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
46 Posts
I to am looking to lift my 95 ZJ. From what I understatnd 31 need a 3 inch lift. Go to the Article How High under the Lifts and Suspensions for more information.

Thanks
Wes

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wagner brake pads. Put some on my '96 and they're awesome. Nice and smooth, great stopping power when you need it. Quiet and long lasting. Any auto parts store should carry them, got mine from O'Rielly. Ask for the best Wagners they have for your Grand, not sure if they have different grades. Make sure to have your rotors turned while you're at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey i just wanted to thank everyone who helped me answer my questions i posted earlier. Thanks Guys,
Frank

·
Registered
671 Posts
squeeky breaks using mean the rotors are glazed, which happens when they are hot and get wet. one solution is changing to a better pad, like on from autozone that has tappered edges instead of square. another option is taking sand paper to your rotors to rough up the surface also. good luck.

·
Registered
519 Posts
get your rottors turned

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for all the help. Im goin to try turning the rotors this weekedn so hopefully that will help me out. Im putting my lift on on may 15th as soon as i am out of school and i am still undecided weather or not to go 30s or 31s. I have 2in spacer lift so i dont knwo what to do any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts