Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Teraflex coil spring spacers compatible with my Rancho springs? I'm looking to go from 3" up to either 4 or 4 and a half. What would be my best bet? What things would I have to replace to get to either 4 or 4 and a half? Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
ya they work... that is what i am running right now... i have 3 inch rancho coils on 1.75" tera spacers. Soo yaa they work

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you konw if I would have to extent any drivelines or brakelines or anything in the steering? Help me out because i"m really wanting some more lift. This stuff is addictive!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
umm, i think i had extended brake lines, but thats about it..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you sure that there's nothing else that you had to do? Not having any problems with any control arms being to short or driveshafts or anything in the steering?

·
Registered
12 Posts
well... i have tera flex upper and lower control arms... the driveshaft could probably be lengthend but its not to serious, and the steering is all dependant on what tires u have, i have 31x12.5 thornbirds and they about drove me nuts.... and i aslo have a teraflex steering stabilizer.. but thats the basics of what i have... nothing to serious

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have already twisted one driveshaft out from under mine. The front one. i'm not sure if I got another stock length one or a longer one. Also, I got the Rancho system, which came with new lower control arms, but still have factory upper arms. Do you think these will be too short?

·
Registered
606 Posts
If you have the Nacho system, you can add another inch or 1.5" probably without too many problems. You should have a front Adj. Track Bar and at least a relocation bracket welded in the rear, or a rear adj. track bar would be better. A decent Steering Stabilizer will be a must here too.

Aside from that and a shock change (maybe not neccessary with BPE's and rear extensions or eneough travel), you should be OK going from 2.5" (Rancho) to 3.5" or 4" as far as stock control arms are concerned as long as you will trim and/or run 32's or smaller.

Contact Anthony by email at [email protected] and he will make front and rear spacers to pretty much whatever height you want (FYI: 1.75 should be the MAX. spacer height in back, and less is preferable)

HTH.

KW

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wharfrat on 2002-02-26 22:50 ]</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts