Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Is there anyone who still have the wiring diagram for the infinity system: radiocasette, cd-charger, amp, front: speaker+tweeter, rear: speaker, soundbar: speaker+tweeter?

Found this from 2006 Infinity Facts:
ZJRocks: I was able to find wireing specs from someone here on the forum. From what I can tell the amp is 4ohm and 2 ohm compatable. If you give your email I can send you the wiring diagram, at least for the system in my 98 ZJ 5.9l limited. Also, from the diagram the components in the front are 4 ohm and the back door and sound bar are split 2 ohm a piece, if I remeber correctly. But, like I said email me and I will try to send you the diagram. [email protected]

· Registered
172 Posts
I've found the most time-effective way to deal with the older Jeep sound systems is to trash everything and start fresh. Trying to get the factory speaker systems to work with new head units is a hassle not worth the trouble. Just run new speaker wire to new speakers. Stick with a 4 or 5-speaker system for ease of installation, or use your own amp setup if you want more.
As for the wiring harness and steering wheel controls, you should still be able to find adapters for those off the shelf.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts