Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, pondering my first Jeep ever. I'm looking at a lightly used 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited. This vehicle will primarily be on-road here in high elevation WY but occasionally will go onto forest service roads/trails in the Medicine Bow National Forest. Very rocky, narrow, rough. My Chev diesel 4x4 is way to bulky and stiff for these trails. We've used a 4Runner for the past decade and that has done well but that's being replaced by this prospective purchase. My main concern with the Grand Cherokee Limited is ground clearance, including and especially the "air dam" beneath the bumper/grill assembly. It looks like modest size rocks and more than about eight inches of snow will be a problem I'm wondering if there is a modification to remove the air dam or if I should look at a different Jeep model for this sort of use?
Thanks for any thoughts,
wyobadger

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome aboard! With the road requirements like that, you definitely need to research more about ground clearance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all, pondering my first Jeep ever. I'm looking at a lightly used 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited. This vehicle will primarily be on-road here in high elevation WY but occasionally will go onto forest service roads/trails in the Medicine Bow National Forest. Very rocky, narrow, rough. My Chev diesel 4x4 is way to bulky and stiff for these trails. We've used a 4Runner for the past decade and that has done well but that's being replaced by this prospective purchase. My main concern with the Grand Cherokee Limited is ground clearance, including and especially the "air dam" beneath the bumper/grill assembly. It looks like modest size rocks and more than about eight inches of snow will be a problem I'm wondering if there is a modification to remove the air dam or if I should look at a different Jeep model for this sort of use?
Thanks for any thoughts,
wyobadger
Hey there, how's it going? Not quite sure what years had it and what years don't. I have an '18 Sterling Edition. You could get an upgraded package that raises or lowers the suspension, all from the center console knob.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Be prepared for sticker shock, for some reason folks are crazy about Wranglers so they hold resale value.
Mr. Mike.... Question for you. I don't really do social media AT ALL. This is sort of like the first website that I was ever on. If I want to connect with other Grand Cherokee owners, what would be the best website? I'm looking to build mine up/customize and see what others look like after they get done customizing theirs. I already have a full Corsa exhaust and K&N air intake system. if I don't get to reply tonight, I definitely will tomorrow. I have to go to sleep now, have to get up early and start driving my semi again. Thanks. Kevin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check the forums here for your year GC. Just remember that some mods will reduce the reliability/safety/drive-ability of your vehicle. Bouncing around in a cab all day I'd want a comfy commute home.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check the forums here for your year GC. Just remember that some mods will reduce the reliability/safety/drive-ability of your vehicle. Bouncing around in a cab all day I'd want a comfy commute home.
Ok, thanks. It's not my daily driver though. Believe it or not, I keep it stored over the winter and only take it out on the weekends, when I'm off. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts