Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 grand cherokee and when you turn on the A/C or heat a moldy smell comes out i guess the smell has happend before but was fixed by the previous owner but they are unreachable is there a valve where i can get whatever is causeing the smell it smells bad please help

·
Registered
157 Posts
Autozone carrys a spray that gets rid of that mold smell. Its about $9.99 a can. You will need two cans to disinfect it well. You srpay some in the intake cowl on the exterior below the winshield and you spary some in the vents. Also there is an intake duct below the dash you need to spray it in. I can tell you that two cans is definately needed if it smells as bad as mine did. Good Luck! It will be the best $20 you ever spent

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Autozone carrys a spray that gets rid of that mold smell. Its about $9.99 a can. You will need two cans to disinfect it well. You srpay some in the intake cowl on the exterior below the winshield and you spary some in the vents. Also there is an intake duct below the dash you need to spray it in. I can tell you that two cans is definately needed if it smells as bad as mine did. Good Luck! It will be the best $20 you ever spent
dose the heat A/C need to be on and where exaxctly is the vent under the dash you have to spray and whats the stuff called thanks again

·
Registered
157 Posts
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/accessories/accessoriesShelf.jsp?itemId=prod62182&parentId=cat30087&subPartId=prod62182&displayName=A/C+System+Cleaner&currentPage=1&navValue=100700&categoryDisplayName=Air+Conditioning+Refrigerant+and+Accessories&_requestid=1300004
Sorry not really sure how to post the link but here it is. Intake duct is under the passenger side I believe. I know for sure the exterior cowl duct is on the passenger side. Dont bother spraying it anywhere else in the outer cowl cause the intake duct is all the way over on the passenger side. I did this and wasted a half a can before I saw the duct. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts