Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in need of some advice..i have a 96 JGC Limited 4x4 v8 and the trans keeps slipping between shifts, when i 'goose' her in traffic, etc...its not a HUGE prob YET, just annoying. she has 92000 miles & i took her over from my brother in Jan. i thought it was b/c of the perf chip he had in her that went tits up(we had 2 go bad, 1 in the Jeep & 1 in the Ram pick-up). he says she has always done it. i did some research on some other sites and find that this is a common prob...people talk of getting a minor rebuild but i talked to a mechanic friend and he suggested a remanufactured trans w/a warranty. i'm considering the reman. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! i just received a brochure in the mail for an extended warranty.....hmmm, sounding better...

·
Registered
13 Posts
RC100 said:
i'm in need of some advice..i have a 96 JGC Limited 4x4 v8 and the trans keeps slipping between shifts, when i 'goose' her in traffic, etc...its not a HUGE prob YET, just annoying. she has 92000 miles & i took her over from my brother in Jan. i thought it was b/c of the perf chip he had in her that went tits up(we had 2 go bad, 1 in the Jeep & 1 in the Ram pick-up). he says she has always done it. i did some research on some other sites and find that this is a common prob...people talk of getting a minor rebuild but i talked to a mechanic friend and he suggested a remanufactured trans w/a warranty. i'm considering the reman. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Good Luck. :thumbsup: I hope yours turns out better than mine. I had the same thing happening and turns out the tranny needed a rebuild. 134K miles and good as new. The rebuilt 42RE cost me $1450 here in Cleveland, OH. :( THere is a soft and a hard rebuild with the latter being more expensive due to replacing more parts. I needed a new TC as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts