Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a set of 2" budget boosts in the very near future, and I would like to know if I should get some new shocks with the lift. I have heard some people say that stock ones are fine, but I would appreciate it if someone could set the record straight.

Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well i just got a new set of 2" spacers to put on my .5" factory spacers. Supposedly, after 3" you are supposed to get longer throw shox. (what i have been told) I am planning on getting a new set any ways. Im looking at Rancho Rs9000, or BDS shox. Both for a set of 4 cost about $140. You cna get that price at summit racing(www.summitracing.com).

I also purchased my BB from rocky road outfitters.(www.rockyroadoutfitters.com) It was $80 for a ZJ kit which includes 4 poly spacers. They come with a life time warranty and are guaraunteed not to move around when the jeep is being driven. I am gonig to try to get them instlled this weekend hopefully. But I think this is a better deal than the terra flex kit cause it is about 20-$30 cheaper, is 2" when you get them compred to the 1.5" supplied by Terra, + all the warrnaty stuff!!

Hope that helped....

Jonathan

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would stay away from the Rancho's if you live in a colder environment. Every single person that I know of that have then get really bad clunking in the winter time. On price, you get what you pay for. On less expensive shocks you wont have as good of a ride or they will crud out on you sooner. The more expensive ones tend to give a better ride and last longer. I would look at Edelbrock IAS or Bilsteins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts