Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee is currently at the dealer for repair. Engine oil and coolant are mixing so I have an internal leak somewhere. This slug spewed out of my car prior to towing to the dealer. It appears to have leaked from the bottom of my radiator. After the engine cooled, I confirmed the radiator contained the same slug.

The dealer called and said my car is ready for pickup but all they did was replace my engine oil. They said I could drive it home but I need to check the oil frequently. Why would they let me drive this car since they haven't even flushed the radiator and I clearly have a serious issue. They recommend replacing the engine because they think the cost of finding and repairing the leak will be the same.

A new engine is $12,000. Does it really cost $12,000 to find and fix a gasket issue?
Is it worth fixing even if repairs are significantly less? The damage to the engine could have weakened other parts.
If I don't get it fixed, how can I unload a nonworking vehicle for the most cash? Should have value in parts.

Thoughts.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is a bull-crap post from a fake person. Do not engage.
If we had admin or moderators that paid attention, they would ban him and delete this post.
Font Circle Rectangle Symbol Signage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts