Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.I see people having somewhat of the problem that I have with my vehicle. Ive been having my grand cherokee 2014 for 8 months now. Never have I had a problem with my screen until 1week ago. Screen was white, showing please insert update USB and it stayed going on and off like that even when the vehicle was turned off. Luckily I took it to the dealer and it just needed the update, ike that problem was fixed. I was told if I had any other problems that I would need a new radio and I'm guessing because of the mileage 130,437. I wasnt too concerned in asking why it would mess up again. I was just glad to habe it fixed. Now the problem is that the screen is just black. It does want to start up, like it says jeep and turns off right after. So I see jeep like every 30 seconds. Radio doesn't work, seat heaters, and rearview camera, nothing on it works. Luckily I can still turn the a.c. or heater on. I just cant see the temp of the a.c. or heater. Basically I'm going all the way up on the heater buttons and guess it all out. So my question is, what would be the problem here besides going to the dealer for a new radio. Hoping some body could help. If you read this far, thanks for being concerned and helping me out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar problem with my 8.4 radio system. My GC is a 2018, and my touch screen is going full black on occasion also. I have had the vehicle in for diagnosis and been told that it is a 'radio update issue'. Having said that they have tried several time to obtain the proposed update from the powers to be and have had great difficulty obtaining same.Finally after several attempts they obtained the proper update.
Upon trying to update the unit via an extracted file on a USB jump drive, the most recent results is 'the version is the incorrect version for the software on installed in my radio unit'!!!
Really frustrated, since this has been an ongoing issue with the screen going black and losing all potential controls of sub systems in the vehicle, i.e. AC, Defrost, heat , etc. THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS!!!!!!!
Issue has now been updated to a 'case' file sent directly to Jeep/Chrysler. Have not heard back from dealership on this yet.
Wondering if anyone can share info with me on this subject.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts